Vista: Build 5536 Pre RC1

biker9075

Yup, Microsoft is releasing a pre RC1 build to the public, Why? I dunno...But there is a catch, its only avaliable for the first 100,000 people, and you need a beta 2 key. But beware, its a 2.58 GB ISO, and its only avaliable for 32 bit systems. Here is the link:

http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/prerc1/en/download.html

Took me about 40 minutes to do a complete install of the new build. I like it alot better then beta 2, its alot more streamlined and I like the new 'artificial' aero for us users whose card wont support the regualar. The only problem I am having is connected to my router wirelessly, but no big deal, good ol' ethernet works. :)

yeah i am going to guess not but if they are able to pull it off I will be really impressed.. I am pretty sure that the project manager already said that it was going to be release some time early in 2007..  But the business version is going to ship before December.  So I would be on the look out for hands on in the next few months. 

Also the version that are RC my guess is that they are more of the business versions than what you are going to see in the consumer versions.  I am pretty sure that they are still working on the media center stuff that is going to be included.