One small step for

Roco

Me ,

Promise you won't laugh  :roll:, I have 256/128 dsl broad band  :lol:, Yeah not exactly

High speed ,  :whaa:, but in 29 day's I will be getting a 2Mb service for the same money $27.43 with no limit , (cheap in the UK ) and I am excited ,  :lol: even at my grand age, in 4 years I have moved up from 56Kbps to 150/60 and on to the dizzy heights of 256/128 , now going on to 2Mb , still ,this wont eclipse the feeling I got with my first connection to the internet at 48 Kbps , and that magical message " other people may be able to see" can you still remember that day ? year ? 2001 with Win. M.E. how far back do you go?

The first computer that really "used" was an old 486..  We got windows 3.1 to run on it after about 3 years of Dos shell.

Then I got AOL when my parents bought a Gateway 2000 which was a P133 with 64mb of ram and a dedicated video card...  We had a 14.4k modem.. which was later fried in a lightning strike...  We then bought a USR 56k modem which at the time seemed really fast!

Then I joined this forum shortly after I got Comcast internet.  That was with a AMD 2000+ with 512mb of ram and about 120gb of hard drive space.

The first computer that really "used" was an old 486..  We got windows 3.1 to run on it after about 3 years of Dos shell.

dos shell HAHA i remember that.

I go even further back then that, we had a a 286 33MHz 4MB of ram 64k video, 80MB hard drive Packerd Bell with a 15in color monitor, running DOS. What Now!!!

i remember going on the internet with a 14.4kbps modem.

I aslo remember playing wolfenstein 3D the first day it came out in like 91.

dos shell HAHA i remember that.

I go even further back then that, we had a a 286 33MHz 4MB of ram 64k video, 80MB hard drive Packerd Bell with a 15in color monitor, running DOS. What Now!!!

i remember going on the internet with a 14.4Kbps modem.

I aslo remember playing wolfenstein 3D the first day it came out in like 91.

I remember the dos shell too. I had a packard bell too. It had a super fast 2400baud modem. xD This was with "Prodigy Classic.

[pre]Modem 2400 (V.22bis) 2.4 kbit/s 240 B/s[/pre]  :haha:

Source: Wikipedia.

Oh, and you had to "park" the HDD before turning of the computer

I started with a Commodore 64.But I used it mostly for games.Then I Just let it go that way .Really I got started in 2004 but I still have the floppies & instruction manuals & did play around with DOS version 4.00 first.As well as Windows 3.11 Before I ever got on line.My first ISP was Walmart Connect because I could get a free disc at Walmart to get connected.

I'm on my 3 ISP & still on dial-up.

I started with a Commodore 64.But I used it mostly for games.Then I Just let it go that way .Really I got started in 2004 but I still have the floppies & instruction manuals & did play around with DOS version 4.00 first.As well as Windows 3.11 Before I ever got on line.My first ISP was Walmart Connect because I could get a free disc at Walmart to get connected.

I'm on my 3 ISP & still on dial-up.

walmart connect, isnt that just AOL with walmart's name slaped all over?

I don't even remember now.It had a Walmart connectoid so you couldn't even use DUN.I had it for about 3 months.I will check to see if it's AOL but really I'm not sure.

edit: I checked Walmart Connect now redirects to Netscape Connect which if you read the TOS is AOL..In looking I found what I thought they called it Compuserve when I had it.So it was probably always disguised AOL.

****! I am such a noob!  :icon_pale:

My first PC was a P3 933Mhz, 60 gig HD and 128 Mhz RAM which I quickly upgraded to 512. Running MSN dialup and Windows Me.  :haha:  :haha:

I did have an Atari game console that had like 10 different games, all of which were just variations of Pong. Does that count for anything?  :lol: