Need a New heatsink

dlewis23

ok so i was trying to catch up on stuff at work and i rendering some stuff out in 3D max and all ove a sudden my screen goes black and the computer shuts off. im like WTF. so i turn it back on and go right into the bios and i see the CPU temp is 83.1c (181F) im like shit so i turn it off and let everything thing cool off and i turn it back on and i notice that my CPU fan is not moving so i go and check it no dust all in it, it moves nicly but wont turn on. The MB connection is not bad i already tested it. So what do you guys recommend for a amd 939 CPU heatsink?

i notice that my CPU fan is not moving so i go and check it no dust all in it, it moves nicly but wont turn on.

note: he said his fan wasn't turning. =D

btw, don... http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1187028&CatId=0 is what i use in my pc... while playingBF2 or some other high-resource application, my cpu temp stays around 35-40 C. this is the fx-53 too..

I also have quite a few fans in my pc.. 2 ps, 2 cpu, 1 side, 1 front, 2 back

Doesn't have to be a new heatsink, you problably only need to reapply some thermal paste (Arctic Silver 5 is one of the best) between the cpu and heatsink.

it doesnt have to because the fan is dead. and its time to go from the stock cooler to a better one.

i would highly reccomend a heatsink from thermalright. i have a xp-120 and it delivers very good temperatures, pretty much as good as air cooling will get you. other good choices from thermalright would be a xp-90, si-120 or si-128. you could also get a big typhoon by thermaltake. the big typhoon uses a bolt down system which might be easier then retention clips like the thermalright heatsinks use. the big typhoon would also be a good choice if you have taken the ihs off of you cpu, because a bolt down system decreases the chances of crushing your cpu. zalman is another company to consider, i have never used one but i have heard good things about them.

i have the zalman 9500 sitting on my e6600 and keeps it nice and cool at about 30 degrees idle and 38 degrees load, its a little more expensive but if u want quality then ur gonna pay for it.

i got the same thing as you :)

you get the blue led one?

cant tell ya temps till tuesday,( day i get my mobo and i already have ordered and received the rest of the computer)

it doesnt have to because the fan is dead. and its time to go from the stock cooler to a better one.

Note to self: Don't post on testmy.net at 1 am. At least I'm never drunk when posting, or this could be a bit worse.

the zalman is better than the one you posted Tim, but if your not goona be overclocking dlewis then there is no point and spending that much money, when a cheaper one will do just fine.

pretty much... they have been the standard for air cooling for overclockers for some time...  cant go wrong with them