ATTN: RoadRunner Users,Speed Increases

For those that are currently subscribed to RoadRunner Broadband in  New York (Im in Syracuse New York), TimeWarner has INCREASED the speeds once again. I Have Premium service.

Just spoke with a Online Rep.

Upload is 1024 Kilobits Per Second and Download is 15360 Kilobits Per Second.

from Upload:512 Kilobits | Download 8000 Kilobits

This is for the Premium service and the Standard service.

Reboot your modems.

Does this mean that both stabdard and premium services will be getting those speeds? 

Yes,all users in Central NY that have RR,speeds have been increased to 10/1 from 5/384 for standard and premium I guess has just gotten upgraded to 15/1..but there is no official word for premium though.

Users in NYC should be getting upgraded by the 15th of September..with no official word yet on the speeds..most likely 7/512 for standard...which is what I have right now

Well i dont even know what section of TWC i will be under.  They havent switched over the networks from adelphia yet but on that TWCUsoonwebsite or what ever it is they have me listed under the the Western New York section  So i guess i'll have to wait and see.

Yea dont worry,by next week if you get switched over,you should have some sort of upgrade :)

Does this mean that both standard and premium services will be getting those speeds? 

Yes, both services are increased. A friend a few blocks away have basic roadrunner and her speeds were increased from 6MB to 10MB I think.

15down/1up Premiuim

10down/1up Basic (I think, as I cant confirm it yet)

Well no upgrade for me.  Gave them a call and there are no scheduled upgrades for anyone but the syracuse division.  This sucks

Not to worry, as I'm sure Time Warner will upgrade your area soon.

Why? Simply put ..... Verizon FIOS (Time Warner won't let Verizon steal their customers because of the lack of speeds and high prices). So Time Warner WILL upgrade, unless they like losing customers to Verizon :)

I just wanted to correct/clarify some information here. Tampabay RR has 3 speed packages:

15360 Kbps / 2048 Kbps

10240 Kbps / 1024 Kbps

8192 Kbps / 512 Kbps

RR service providers have upgraded speeds in various locations, and will continue to do so.  Trouble is, it takes a lot of preparation to make sure that the connection will be stable with such an increase in network traffic.

Not to worry, as I'm sure Time Warner will upgrade your area soon.

Why? Simply put ..... Verizon FIOS (Time Warner won't let Verizon steal their customers because of the lack of speeds and high prices). So Time Warner WILL upgrade, unless they like losing customers to Verizon

Well i dont have fios in my area now and i have talked to a few verizon people all who said it could be years before they finally expand to my area.  Although i was looking on rr's website for the business accounts, which is what i have now for adelplia so my speed might be alittle higher anyway depending on what package i have.  But thats if they carry over the business account.

I just wanted to correct/clarify some information here.  Tampabay RR has 3 speed packages:

15360 Kbps / 2048 Kbps

10240 Kbps / 1024 Kbps

8192 Kbps / 512 Kbps

RR service providers have upgraded speeds in various locations, and will continue to do so.  Trouble is, it takes a lot of preparation to make sure that the connection will be stable with such an increase in network traffic.

Syracuse don't offer the 15/2 package :(

But if they do, guess who's gonna get it ? :D