Unbelievably low speed internet connection

dattans

Hi,

I have P4 PC with 512 MB Ram and I have DSL2000 Mbps line from T-Com.

But since begining I have big problems in getting the download speed. Can someone look into the stats below and help me ?

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 41 Kbps about 0.04 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 5 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/09/03 - 12:59pm

Bottom Line:: 1X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 204.8 sec

Tested from a 579 kB file and took 115.625 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 2.28 % of your hosts average (t-ipconnect.de)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-9CAGDT01I

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) [!]

Hi dattans,wellcome to  the forum

is  your isp,  T-com Germany ?, have you tried any European tests  , and are you sure that your line is dsl enabled ? you are getting normal 56k dial up speeds , you say that you have been getting this from day one ,

have you spoken to T-com about this , as it would seem something is not right with your connection , 

Roco  UK

Wow....those speeds are totally unacceptable.  With speeds like that, it's unlikely that it is your computer.  I often love to give the tech line "keep your computer running clean first" to users with slow internet speeds, but a speed like that HAS to be your ISP.  There can be many problems.  When I first got my DSL line, I had similar problems, along with dropped connections.  It turned out that, upon linking a new subscriber, Verizon crossed my line with theirs at the CO.  It could be a problem like that, a grounded phone line in your home, loading coils in your telephone lines at home, or many other problems.  Try www.speakeasy.net/speedtest , see how that works out (although this site's speed test is very, very consistent).  I would say that most likely, there is a problem with your ISP.  Give them a call, let them run their tests, etc.  Be sure to ask what your connection speed is at your router.  Knowing what the line speed is coming into your home can be a helpful tool as well.  My guess is that your connect rate is very low..which translates into a problem at their end....anyway, keep us posted!

-Rob

i honestly think it has something to do with how far he is away, and how many hops he has to take..

distance has something to do with it. Since i think its a 2mbps its eather a spyware thing, his computer has not been tweaked at all and it could also be he is too far from the CO to get a decent speed.

man get a job

who are you speaking to??...do you care to elaborate???...was this meant as helpful advice??...i'm thinking it must be because that is what testmy is about...giving helpful advice. so if you could please elaborate that would be helpful...right now i can't see the help you've offered :)

who are you speaking to??...do you care to elaborate???...was this meant as helpful advice??...i'm thinking it must be because that is what testmy is about...giving helpful advice. so if you could please elaborate that would be helpful...right now i can't see the help you've offered :)

lmao..