Would it be possible...

Bird Fan

Yeah it would be nice... but it would kill the chip set business..  I would also mean that you could upgrade from the lower end stuff to the higher end chips for little money, just the price of a CPU..  The idea is to lock you into a performance catigory and then keep you there..  Making you upgrade to the highest CPU.. or spend more money to get a new motherboard and processor. 

However, AMD does break this rule kind of.. Their former Athlon/Sempron on the 754 platform.. then the move to 939 with the Athlon 64s/X2.. the 939 is being phased out as we speak and are being moved to the AM2 platform..

I am going to say no.. The pentium M is meant to only run on certain chip sets..  the 1150 has a Intel 852GMV..  The Pentium M does not support this chip set..  I can only find motherboards that support up to a 2.6 celeron..

Well shit. Thanks for the reply.