Remove Ads?

tommie gorman

ok well in IE6 there is a option for "block all 3rd part ads" (im pertty sure thats what it is called) and it will block that ad for you. here is the hard part i do not remember were it is in IE its barried in there somewere, and i have IE7 here and the option is not in IE7 as far as i know.

It is in internet options under the security tab, but that would stop some of my real estate sites.

So are you saying that it scan be done through spywareblaster then FallowEarth? Is it possible to add a new url besides what is on the list?

asubaseball727 Firefox ruined my internet speeds, I will never go back to that browser. thanks

Just give it a try if you like - actually I have tried opera , was a big ff fan - and now for the past few months have been using maxthon (which blocks ads quite well) - for proxo just set up your proxy as localhost 8080 - proxomitiron loads instantly - can be disabled easily  (right click bypass ) and is very easy to use - unitl I started using maxthon (which does not need  proxomitiron) I used it to block ads and popups -  forget all the june vs may differances - it has always work great for me

So are you saying that it scan be done through spywareblaster then FallowEarth? Is it possible to add a new url besides what is on the list?

Nope.  Add the url to the HOSTS file and set the IP to 127.0.0.1.  This is called DNS Caching.  It prevents the computer from attempting to lookup the site's actual IP, thus blocking it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never been bothered by the ads until now. The car checker flag is the one. I know it pays for the site, so I would just like to know how you guys remove them. I am stating to get a headackhe from that one.  :angry4:

Hi Tommie have a look at Maxthon browser, it's tabbed and add blocks by default setting, I dint know there are add's on TMN, never seen them :lol: :lol: