duplicate files

maddoghunter

hi hello everyone,could anyone please tell me how to get rid of duplicate files i have easy cleaner installed,i ran a check and Ive loads of them,last time i did this myself, i had to reinstall my PC as things went horribly wrong.!! :oops: if anyone could help me to identify the ones to get rid off i would be gratefull,or is there a programme out there that would do it for me,without the mess i made the last time. thanks maddog :cry:

hi hello everyone,could anyone please tell me how to get rid of duplicate files i have easy cleaner installed,i ran a check and Ive loads of them,last time i did this myself, i had to reinstall my PC as things went horribly wrong.!! :oops: if anyone could help me to identify the ones to get rid off i would be gratefull,or is there a programme out there that would do it for me,without the mess i made the last time. thanks maddog :cry:

were are the duplicate files at. are they just in 1 folder ie. windows or program files, or are they all over?

maddoghunter ;Easy Cleaner is a good tool & I have used it in the past.This duplicate files  feature will get you into trouble though.It's best to leave it alone I found this out the hard way & had to reformat.A lot of the files are supposed to be duplicates Windows needs them in both locations.& if you check some are not exact duplicates.This is for someone that really knows what they're doing.That wouldn't be me either.But for the other cleaning functions it has it's pretty good.It doesn't clean out cookies or temporary internet files from Firefox either.

thanks guys,theres one thing on testmy.net,is a wonderfull array of answers,to any one new to this site please check all the forums,you don't know the stuff you find out,i allways revert back here if i need help,most of the time i don't ask questions,i allways find my answers in the forum pages,i wish all you guys on here the very best,and keep up the good work to help amateurs like me. :lol: :lol:

thanks guys,theres one thing on testmy.net,is a wonderfull array of answers,to any one new to this site please check all the forums,you don't know the stuff you find out,i allways revert back here if i need help,most of the time i don't ask questions,i allways find my answers in the forum pages,i wish all you guys on here the very best,and keep up the good work to help amateurs like me. :lol: :lol:

I'll second that. ;)