MISINFORMATION - And why I did it !!!!

The Reverend

Oh ...I am not worried about anyone on the net in the least.  I have "secrets" you see?  (Evil Laughter)

I just wanted to expose them by having them expose themselves, and they fell for it (in fact, three sites were caught on that little trick).  I hate to have to lower myself to such levels, and this post will be deleted shortly, yet I am waiting for just a few (certain few) to read it and then I'll take her down.  These are not the concerns of the ones who come here looking for assitance, and it (to me) is rather in  bad taste on my part, but necessary enough to warrant doing it.

The Reverend

i do not think it is in bad taste, since none of the misinformation you gave here was actually life threatening, yet juicy enough for them to spread around and foil themselves. do it more often, create a harmless phrase wiyth high bs content, then google for it. i'm sure you will find the culprits. hehe.

Hi reverend; Thought I would quote John Wayne as close as I can remember it." It's not always the man who draws fastest that wins the gunfight it's the one willing to draw aim.shoot & kill the other man".Looks like they drew fastest  now you need to take aim & shoot to kill.Thats metaphorically speaking of course.Anyone that attacks you with their computer deserves what ever you can do to them in return. :uzi:

Cholla

Hmm, reminds me of something that happened to me when a certain person from d-way uncensored thought it was fun to drag my comments on dish grounding procedures from there to the BBR forum so he could humiliate me in front of others and make himself look more intelligent. Needless to say, I think my donation to d-way uncensored was pretty much wasted when the mods wouldn't  even reprimand him for  his behavior.  I then decided that was  not a real good place to be.  :roll:

I don't post anymore at D-way uncensored but I still post speed tests to BBR although I try not to say too much otherwise. Hopefully, I can speak a little more freely here, but I'll just hang in the shadows for a while until I become more familiar with everyone.  BTW, nice to hear about the new server, hope it works out well.  :)

Dave-

XMechanic - kick back and enjoy. 

No worries here, no "games" here.  Instant assistance here at any hour (usually), and no meatheads.  :)  And we graciously welcome you to this Forum.  WARNING:  We are psychotics at times and cannot be held responsible for our actions, or women left alone in here after 8:00PM.

Have a look around this Forum and enjoy!  We have compiled alot of useful info that I am STILL testing, and I have been given much more that I am compiling into smaller "books" to accomodate all topics with nice and clear info!  (Even got some pics)!  Olive Oil, Betty Boop, .....you know.

Cheers!

The Reverend

Hmm, reminds me of something that happened to me when a certain person from d-way uncensored thought it was fun to drag my comments on dish grounding procedures from there to the BBR forum so he could humiliate me in front of others and make himself look more intelligent. Needless to say, I think my donation to d-way uncensored was pretty much wasted when the mods wouldn't

Lance, you're psychic!! You hit the nail on the head. It actually was CM, but I understand now that he knows everything and shouldn't be questioned. That's cool. I have no questions  at the moment for him to provide a worldly answer to, so I'm here enjoying the company.  Thanks all for the great welcoming committee.  :hello:

:newbie:

Dear Reverend,  I am thrilled that I have found you, Had heard of you and hoping that I just might get some "straight" informtion.  I purchased Direcway Nov 6 2005, have the DW 6000, Windows XP sp2.  In Dec I tore up my system, made a ton of support calls not realizing my problem was with Direcway.  Make a long story longer I have been on the phone with Direcway since the Jan 1st 2005.  I'm not even at this point concerned with speed its if I can use at all.  Its up its down, I see all the horror stories.  I have wrote corportate, the BBB, the installers.  I have a "web acceleration problem" that become inoperable.  Now I am not sure after reading differnt sites that this is a problem or the way Direcway intends it to be.  I have their business plan with vpn capabilities.  They told me they were having problems with this type of account.  All I really want to know now is know, do I have a real problem, or is Direcway intending customers to have limited access to the internet.  They have me run the reregistration on a daily basis.  I'm not real real smart about some of this techy stuff but I can get around enough to send you ANY informtaion you need from me.  Speed tests done this morning and this is when it actually running good compared to each day:

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 7 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 97 KB)

Upload Speed is:: 1 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 0 times faster than 56K you can upload 1MB in 1024 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=B2HZEUMAN

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 7 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 97 KB)

Upload Speed is:: 1 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 0 times faster than 56K you can upload 1MB in 1024 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=B2HZEUMAN

Furthermore I will donate $100.00 to your cause if you can help me in anyway.  You see, they have me trapped, I am in an area with barely any choices.  I use this connection to dial in to another office location and a lot of home use.  Thanks, just for doing what you do.  Sally