automatic disk check during every boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

karthic

guys

i had a peculiar problem from yesterday evening in my PC

the problem is that during every boot(startup or power ON ) of my PC after the boot up screen and before the welcome screen there appears a screen in which it's asking for a disk checking. i had encountered this earlier (when suddenly power goes off and the bloody UPS too fails me in supporting at least till i shutdown it properly thro start->shutdown).

but now i had done nothing of that sort but yet yesterday morning i had a System Mechanic 5 and done some cleaning like removing the junk files(i did this coz i ran some on line scans some days back and so wanted to remove those downloaded files) and yes it did like recovering some hundreds of MB of disk space

and the greatest blunder came from my mom it seems when she tried working on my PC when i was out. she had just powered off(switched off) the system (PC) instead of going thro start->shutdown and i have a doubt whether this might have triggered those discchecks during boot up

But yet only one disk check only will be done during the first time after it was shutdown through improper means(not through start->shutdown) but in my case why is it doing every time i power on(boot up) my PC?????

guys can anyone of you just point me what would have happened????????

and what should i do for its rectification?????????????????

hi Karthic

I have had that on 9x o/s 98-Me and the omly way out for me, was to do a clean install, but if you are on XP have you tried doing a error check via my computer , it will run once on start up,  if that dosn't work , wait for the Testmy.net Cav to arrive,

regards Roco  UK

@ roco

i am using xp and i have this question for you

everytime i boot my pc it is asking for a disk check and i did it once and there were no errors that time and again when i restart, every time, it asks me for a disk check, why should i do a disc check voluntarily  when i had already done one dick check forced to be done by the system???????????

@ roco

i am using xp and i have this question for you

everytime i boot my pc it is asking for a disk check and i did it once and there were no errors that time and again when i restart, every time, it asks me for a disk check, why should i do a disc check voluntarily  when i had already done one dick check forced to be done by the system???????????

there maybe several reasons for this ,

If your file system keeps getting messed up then you may be having hardware problems with the disk drive in which case you should install a new hard drive. but you could try to Boot from your Windows install CD, run Recovery Console ® and at the C: prompt run chkdsk.,

But I think the best thing to do at the moment is to wait and see what the Cav. come up with as I have never had this problem on XP , , Hey Karthic I gota go , it's 1 am UK and work today  :lol:

hope you get it sorted

Regards Roco  UK

@ roco

thx man  it got solved  i ran a disk check during startup and there were some cross linking problems reported and they got fixed automatically and again i restarted to check whether any problem exists and now ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM

THX ROCO FOR TIMELY HELP

@ roco

thx man  it got solved  i ran a disk check during startup and there were some cross linking problems reported and they got fixed automatically and again i restarted to check whether any problem exists and now ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM

THX ROCO FOR TIMELY HELP

Glad it worked out OK  :thumbsup: