Saving to DVD/CD-RW from Word

coknuck

My wife uses Word for her work. She has no problem "save as" with the floppy drive. I finally talked her into using the "DVD/CD-RW". So I went to show her how to use it and after selecting "save as" select "E drive", I get this message below.Would like to use CD/RW so we don't have so many floppy's laying around.

Edit: I did check User Accounts and we a re the administrator to this account.

dlewis23,  I guess I should have included that in my post. It will let me do it from Documents as a finished project. She needs to keep saving on the fly. So I guess she will still need a floppy while working and when she is done I'll put it on on a CD-RW.

ya a floppy is probally still the best thing for this, it can be down with a cd if you were using it as a Direct CD but that really doesnt work to well.

coknuck ;I did some searching & your not the only one that has gotten this message.I'm putting in some links.But the jist I got was it has to do with the read only way the CD drive & CD's are automatically set at.It seems like you will need 3rd party software to do what you are tryin to do & I'm not even sure that would work on the fly.

I did read some on what php suggested & that might be the best work around.Here's some of what I found:

http://www.cisco-cert.com/Windows_XP_General/623366-Cannot-access-a-folder

This is not from the link site.

If "E" is your CD drive, are you trying to drag and drop the files to the

drive. If yes, that is not supported by XP's CD writing function. In order

to drag and drop directly to CD you need packet writing software such as the

Direct CD component of Easy CD Creator, www.roxio.com or the InCD component

of Nero, www.nero.com or some other such software that supports this

function.