Huge Download Speed Difference Between Laptops

baltogun2003

Hi,

I bought a new laptop a couple of weeks ago and discovered that the download speeds on it are tremendously slower than our other laptop that we puchased over a year and a half ago.  On the new machine, I am getting download speeds of approximately 250 to 300 kB/s.  On my old machine, I am getting download speeds of approimately 4500 to 5000 kB/s.  Shouldn't the new computer be faster?  The old one downloads extremely fast, the new one extremely slow.  My ISP is Comcast.  Any suggestions?  Both computers are running off of the same wireless home network.  This is the results from my new computer.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 2334 Kbps about 2.33 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 285 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/09/20 - 9:40pm

Bottom Line:: 41X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 3.59 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 10.5 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 42.2 % of your hosts average (comcast.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-XUFYNCAB1

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]