SPEEDING UP MY STOCKER

lorne

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys yeah i see the battery, so the reason i couldn't access my CPU speed in BIOS is 2 of the DIP switches were on. So i turned them off and started my comp and i couldn't get into windows or BIOS. I was stuck on a black screen that listed master cylinders IDE connection etc.... Took me forever to get back into windows, I finally got into BIOS after hours of trying then into windows from there. Although i have little idea how i did it. Any ideas why this happened :?:

Thanks guys yeah i see the battery, so the reason i couldn't access my CPU speed in BIOS is 2 of the DIP switches were on. So i turned them off and started my comp and i couldn't get into windows or BIOS. I was stuck on a black screen that listed master cylinders IDE connection etc.... Took me forever to get back into windows, I finally got into BIOS after hours of trying then into windows from there. Although i have little idea how i did it. Any ideas why this happened :?:

Uhh! Don't screw with any switches on your motherboard (or jumpers for that matter) unless you know their purpose! So let me get this straight, it lets you OC it now? Cuz if it's OEM most manufacturers put a BIOS based lock on the softmenu to prevent OCing a system. Otherwise they could've been weird and used a jumper...

Uhh! Don't screw with any switches on your motherboard (or jumpers for that matter) unless you know their purpose! So let me get this straight, it lets you OC it now? Cuz if it's OEM most manufacturers put a BIOS based lock on the softmenu to prevent OCing a system. Otherwise they could've been weird and used a jumper...

With this particular motherboard all the DIP switches must be off or it disables jumper free mode. In the manual it says to enable jumper free mode turn all DIP switches off. The only thing that should have happened when I turned those switches off and started my computer is it should have taken me to BIOS for setup. No i still can't OC because after it happened I put the swithes back on. I am gonna try again in the morning. Weird I just don't know why it did that. Any Idea :?:

With this particular motherboard all the DIP switches must be off or it disables jumper free mode. In the manual it says to enable jumper free mode turn all DIP switches off. The only thing that should have happened when I turned those switches off and started my computer is it should have taken me to BIOS for setup. No i still can't OC because after it happened I put the swithes back on. I am gonna try again in the morning. Weird I just don't know why it did that. Any Idea :?:

On my mobo it says to reset cmos to short solder points. What does that mean :?: I have been trying to figure out what it means, the only thing i can think of is that it means bridge the gap between the points with something. But I am not going to try anything until I find out forsure what this means. I don't want a repeat of the other day where it took hours to get into BIOS :shock:

I believe that mean shorting the points.... Yeah... I wouldnt do anything you are playing with a store boug ht pc.. not the best overclocking material.

Swimmer I tell myself the same thing all the time "I probably shouldn't" but I always do I just can't help it I am addicted to speed :twisted: I even found a way to make my my washing machines spin cycle faster :lol:

Swimmer I tell myself the same thing all the time "I probably shouldn't" but I always do I just can't help it I am addicted to speed :twisted: I even found a way to make my my washing machines spin cycle faster :lol:

:) AH,

i LOVE THAT MAKING A WASHING MACHINE FASTER....YEAH~~~

8) mICROWAVE