SPEEDING UP MY STOCKER

lorne

Mort 8)

Thanks for the help, I think some of the newer P3s have Hyperthreading mine doesn't though :cry: Yes the FSB is 100MHz. When you say one increment at a time do you mean 3to 2.9to2.8to2.7 and so on or do you mean 3to2 :?:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mort 8)

Thanks for the help, I think some of the newer P3s have Hyperthreading mine doesn't though :cry: Yes the FSB is 100MHz. When you say one increment at a time do you mean 3to 2.9to2.8to2.7 and so on or do you mean 3to2 :?:

Mort 8)

Yeah i see that now that I tried it, I should have had a look before I asked you that. Mine only lets me go 3to2 and on the last one it only goes in 2s like 10to8. Is there any risks to the system changing these settings besides maybe a crash :?:

Yeah i see that now that I tried it, I should have had a look before I asked you that. Mine only lets me go 3to2 and on the last one it only goes in 2s like 10to8. Is there any risks to the system changing these settings besides maybe a crash :?:

No risks at all. You're not changing the voltages of the ram or cpu YET so just tighten the timings. It's alright if it can go in intervals of 2, just go for 8-2-2-2 and see if it's stable im Memtest86. Forgot where to dl it, but I thought it's www.memtest.org. Unless you change voltages, you can't do any harm, and if the comp stops responding or booting, just clear the cmos by jumper and turn it back on.

No risks at all. You're not changing the voltages of the ram or cpu YET so just tighten the timings. It's alright if it can go in intervals of 2, just go for 8-2-2-2 and see if it's stable im Memtest86. Forgot where to dl it, but I thought it's www.memtest.org. Unless you change voltages, you can't do any harm, and if the comp stops responding or booting, just clear the cmos by jumper and turn it back on.