Problems opening labels I made!

lpark98

In my picture folder, I have another folder named Labels. These are labels I make and save for Cd's. I have been doing this for a couple years.Today when I tried to open my labels, all of them had an Icon that was the blue e for the internet explorer icon.I tried right clicking to change it back to windows picture and fax viewer , but I could not put a check in the always use the selected program to open this kind of file. It was light gray in color and not bold. What can I do and how did this happen?  Thanks alot!

Lynn[table][tr][td][/table]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my picture folder, I have another folder named Labels. These are labels I make and save for Cd's. I have been doing this for a couple years.Today when I tried to open my labels, all of them had an Icon that was the blue e for the internet explorer icon.I tried right clicking to change it back to windows picture and fax viewer , but I could not put a check in the always use the selected program to open this kind of file. It was light gray in color and not bold. What can I do and how did this happen?  Thanks alot!

Lynn

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone got a idea on this one. I noticed if you right click, go to properties then change button it will gray out always use this option. If you right click and go to open with and then choose program it does not gray out this option. Any other ideas?

lpark98 ;I have Windows ME but maybe you OS will be simular in this.You need to got to "Folder Options" This is in the Control Panel or in Tools in the pulldown in your Pictures folder.

Select "File Types" in "Folder Options" Go to the label file type in the list. It is probably now the blue IE one.The one you need is probably one that looks like your label program logo.If you remember what it looked like that will help.

In file types there should be a "Change" button near "opens with" Highlight the file type in the list then the one in the opens with you want to use.Then OK & Ok again.

It is the last 9x system & I can do DOS stuff with it.It also works better with an older PC.When I update to a newer PC I will probably use XP.I'm not to impressed wit the reformat limits on Vista.

I'm still learning computers anyway.Remember I got my first Online capable computer in April 2004 but it's a 1999 IBM.So as I get smarter I will upgrade.

Before that my computer was a Commodore 64.Which was never online.I don't even have a modem for it.I just got it to play games.

Go to your label folder,right click on a label,left click properties,you will see "opens with"click the change button and change it to what program you want to use to open your labels.

Also,i would try to find out who or what changed the label association.