screen color problem

starship_troopers

i just bought some speakers (creative 2.1 SBS 340 is what i think the box says). and ever since i put them in, the left bottom side of my screen (where start menu usually is) seems alot darker than the rest of the screen. it seems...grayish....just like alot darker  :? ...i tried everyting i can think of except try a new monitor.....any ideas please? 

also it seems kinda out of focus a little bit....

thanks, sst

starship_troopers ;I beleive it's the speaker magnets.You need to move the monitor further away.Hopefully they haven permanently discolored your screen.

btw I have never tested a magnet on a monitor but the will do this to a TV.If this halps but there is still a dark area see if you monitor has a deguass & try that.

If that doesn't do it wait a couple of days to see if it goes away on its own.

If it doesn't get a weak magnet put it just close enough to see a slight change .Then move it slowly strait away from the screen

i thought it was the speaker magnets, but i have never had them close to the monitor, and right now the speakers are on a shelf above my pc and monitor, and the subwoofer is on the ground basically right next to my pc desk.

see if you monitor has a deguass & try that.

thanks very much, i appriciate you help alot, degausing worked...its back to normal. and thanks for the quick reply also.  :D

sst

I haven't done this with a onitor as I only havee 1 backup monitor that I want to keep in good condition.I have done this with old TV's that's how I know how to fix it most of the time.

What usually causes it is someone gete a pair of speakers & the woofers each have a 5 to 6 pound magnet.They put these too close to their TV & by the time they figure out what the problem the screen is permanently discolored.

I have fixed or almost fixed some of these with a weak magnet.You bring it close enough to see it affect the discolored spot then move it slowly strai away from the screen .Some times it takes several times.It doesn't always work.You can even move some bad spots to a corner of the screen.The hardest or impossible to fix are the kind dlewis23 suggested .Where someone takes a strong magnet & holds it on the screen for a while.

I even made me a weak electro magnet for doing this.Basically an 8 inch diameter steel ring wraped with cheap speaker wire then I just use an old transformer for the dc power.