DW 4000 capped?

816_1443013898

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears so.!...and yes @ all times of the day. This test 7:00 AM a good time for me.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 1262 Kbps about 1.26 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 154 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/09/27 - 3:59am

Bottom Line:: 22X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 6.65 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 19.422 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 21.58 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-FLETJ0WRD

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; DigExt; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]

I will however try some different tweaks but it seems that it's locked now.

Bad news Tommy.

My wife and I have noticed that something was going on also.  :(

We are getting TxCodes of Tx3, Tx4 andTx10. All different codes.

I have called and they said with the Tx3 code is saying that my ITU is having problems. Tx10 code is saying that I have a cable problem no communication to network. Tx4 code is receiver not communicating to tranmitter.  :cry:

It is sure funny that all of a sudden we are having problems. :(

With the Tx3 code they told me that I had to Upgrade  :( to the DWay7000 because the don't service the DW4000 any more. I told then that I would goto WildBlue first.  :haha: So they put me on another frequency. Which it didn't do anything,Same problems. :cry:

Every morning from 8:00am till12:00pm no service. Then in and out like playing a game with me. :(

I did some investigating on the WB and the DW7000 and it looks like that I might go with the DW7000 Pro package.

You know thats what they want us to do is Upgrade anyway.  :(   They just want to be in control, just like Microsoft.  :-|

All this was with very good weather.

jkandra take a look @ this site.

http://www.ssi-iraq.com/kb_dw6000_rx_tx_codes.html

for Tx codes ,,,,I know its IraqSat...but its direcway....none the less...In FACT I believe its a direct link to Tech Support.! LoLz

[quote author=jkandra link=topic=16302.msg174882#msg174882

date=1159398456]

My wife and I have noticed that something was going on also.  :(

We are getting TxCodes of Tx3, Tx4 andTx10. All different codes.

I have called and they said with the Tx3 code is saying that my ITU is having problems. Tx10 code is saying that I have a cable problem no communication to network. Tx4 code is receiver not communicating to tranmitter.  :cry:

It is sure funny that all of a sudden we are having problems. :(

With the Tx3 code they told me that I had to Upgrade  :( to the DWay7000 because the don't service the DW4000 any more. I told then that I would goto WildBlue first.  :haha: So they put me on another frequency. Which it didn't do anything,Same problems. :cry:

Every morning from 8:00am till12:00pm no service. Then in and out like playing a game with me. :(

I did some investigating on the WB and the DW7000 and it looks like that I might go with the DW7000 Pro package.

You know thats what they want us to do is Upgrade anyway.  :(   They just want to be in control, just like Microsoft.  :-|

All this was with very good weather.

1000-1200kbps would be livable compared to buying all new equipment. For sure.

But this is not true in your case jkandra. So they are actually messing with yours?

What speeds are you getting deven?

And if they mess with my 6000... well it makes no sense at all anyway to mess with the 6000. The slowest of the bunch on U/L and D/L. Kinda pointless to mess with it. There is no advantage to it. Friggin idiots.

What about starband jkandra, did you check with them. I know, who ever hears about starband. But you never know?

Download Connection is:: 913 Kbps about 0.91 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 111 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/09/27 - 11:17pm

Bottom Line:: 16X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 9.23 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 26.844 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 87.87 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-MBGNQ6E8X

User Agent:: Opera/9.01 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) [!]

this is at 1:18 am

tommie just look at my stats and you'll see exactly the day it happened

And I think they might be starting to do it on the 6000s.  I've seen a couple of posts where people are only getting the advertised 500kbps at all times....

I was told 700/128 when I started. They had better not drop me to 500. I would have to take some sort of recourse then.

Are they getting greedy? Or what.

deven the bottom fell out for you and

I was told 700/128 when I started. They had better not drop me to 500. I would have to take some sort of recourse then.

Are they getting greedy? Or what.

Actually, the 6000 was always advertised at 500Kbps down and 50Kbps up.  And that was for Pro and Home.  The 700/128 plan is ONLY for the DW7000 and now the HN7000s.

You are very very very lucky to be getting 1.7 down Tommie, because people actually paying for those speeds with the HN7000S aren't getting them.  Just don't be surprised if it stops all of a sudden.

It might be nothing, but I would suspect at some point they would cap all of the modems to what plan the customer is on.  If nothing else, to force an upgrade, or to preserve bandwidth.  I don't know what the 4000 was advertised at, but I know the 6000 was 500down. 

I found yall thru google. lol. I have been looking all over google to find out wtf direcway/hughes is doing.... I noticed limewire wont work. And have slowly found out thru a few google searches and forums that they are blocking p2p (were u share mp3,doc,etc files) I havnt found were they are admiting it yet. But alot of weriod stuff happening.

I didnt know the DW 4000 would go at that high of speeds. God yall were luckly lol. I came in when the dw 6000 was out. And every speed test i ever did ranged from 500-maybe if i was lucky 800 lol.. Uploads always been crap.. Might as well go on dial up for that.

Im gonna read thru this group and see what all is posted. I just joined a few mintues ago.

I found yall thru google. lol. I have been looking all over google to find out wtf DirecWay/hughes is doing.... I noticed limewire wont work. And have slowly found out thru a few google searches and forums that they are blocking p2p (were u share mp3,doc,etc files) I havnt found were they are admiting it yet. But alot of weriod stuff happening.

I didnt know the DW 4000 would go at that high of speeds. God yall were luckly lol. I came in when the dw 6000 was out. And every speed test i ever did ranged from 500-maybe if i was lucky 800 lol.. Uploads always been crap.. Might as well go on dial up for that.

Im gonna read thru this group and see what all is posted. I just joined a few mintues ago.

No problems here either.... try this .FrosTwirE

http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-15799

Welcome to the forum jennifer30233  :wave:

Well I did dig for the original contract. I found 3 out of 10 pages. No speeds were listed. But they did say 700 when I started.

But since it is not written, it will be what ever they deem the consumer speeds to be, I suppose.

Oh boy, oh joy. I just can't wait to be capped. Assholes.  :angry5:

With all the other stipulations with sat to begin with, you have to wonder if it is all worth it.  :coffee:

I'm @ ISDN speeds lOOk.

Download Connection is:: 176 Kbps about 0.18 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Download Speed is:: 21 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 2)

Test Time:: 2006/09/29 - 2:37pm

Bottom Line:: 3X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 48.76 sec

Tested from a 1013 kB file and took 47.188 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 16.89 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-2TYMHKS5N

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; DigExt; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]

pasting this and sending it to My ISP..(broadband ontario).will let you know.....later.

Don't they have to guarantee you at least 200 kbps? Although it might as well be dial up.

You could always buy a 6000 on ebay.

Just a stupid thought according to ghostmaster. But you never know.

Kind of scary. What to do with out going to dial up, or switching to 7000 and only making them happy.

I would not personally be happy lining there pockets just to get speeds I should be getting anyway.

:confused2: Superconfused. And pissed. I feel like it already happened to me (not for long I am sure) and I am cornered in!  :angry5: :angry5:

They do have to guarantee 200 kbps. Only wnen verified on their test. I remembered doing this once, speeds were way under par. Call Dway for verification if you need. It's true.

You can take the test whenever you prefer, I was taking mine during my slowest time of day. Duh. And they were very responsive with my slow speeds.  :D

2191 kbps??

Are you sure it is not something else besides being capped?

You might run a total cleanup in safemode. You haven't done this yet, have you? And reset any tweaks you have.

It never hurts.

Mine said 978kbps. Not bad actually, compared to what the old test did when it was direcway. I never got over 700 on it, except once.