WinAntivirusPro 2006/Zanga!

Guest Tedzepplin

Guest Tedzepplin

One of my "helpful" employees decided to show off how comp literate he was, and how stupid I am, and uninstalled my entire McAfee Suite this weekend to show me this "better" free virus protection and search engine assistant. Before anyone asks, I will answer the obvious first:

1. No, my employees do not have administrative privileges to install software

2. He used my computer in my office to work his magic, I just happened to leave my admin account up for a few minutes while I answered a call, and THE call, LOL

3. Yes, he was fired

4. No, I will not do that again, or expect reasonable privacy in my own office anymore. I will log out when I walk away in the future, I promise. I mean, I am only the owner, so I figured my office and terminal would be taboo for anyone to dare touch.

5. Fortunately, my terminal does not save newly installed software on the server, only on my tower, so this MALWARE is only affecting me.

6. I am running WIN XP Pro w/ a P4 2.0 Ghz processor and 1.5 gig of RAM

7. Does anyone know how to get rid of these things? I have tried all sorts of spyware removal tools, including Adaware and Spy Doctor, as well as CCLEANER, and run several virus scans without any luck. Zanga doesn't even show up on the list of programs to uninstall, all I have been able to do was disable it as a IE plug-in, but its still there. The WinAntiVirusPro 2006 has been uninstalled, but it remains listed in my control panel as an active program. There is no way to get rid of it that I know, and if I right click it, I only get the option to open it, or copy it. I have deleted all my restore points, turned off system restore and restarted to see if it was just reinstalling on boot, but that isn't the case.

8. I am fairly literate, but I am not skilled enough to edit a registry w/o step by step specific instructions. I have tried a recommended program called "Vondo" or something like that, and it didn't do anything.

9. Any help would be awesome, atm, my only option is to reformat and start over, because I am out of ideas.

Many Thanks!

Tedzepplin

Guest jeffwalker9999

One of my "helpful" employees decided to show off how comp literate he was, and how stupid I am, and uninstalled my entire McAfee Suite this weekend to show me this "better" free virus protection and search engine assistant. Before anyone asks, I will answer the obvious first:

1. No, my employees do not have administrative privileges to install software

2. He used my computer in my office to work his magic, I just happened to leave my admin account up for a few minutes while I answered a call, and THE call, LOL

3. Yes, he was fired

4. No, I will not do that again, or expect reasonable privacy in my own office anymore. I will log out when I walk away in the future, I promise. I mean, I am only the owner, so I figured my office and terminal would be taboo for anyone to dare touch.

5. Fortunately, my terminal does not save newly installed software on the server, only on my tower, so this MALWARE is only affecting me.

6. I am running WIN XP Pro w/ a P4 2.0 GHz processor and 1.5 gig of RAM

7. Does anyone know how to get rid of these things? I have tried all sorts of spyware removal tools, including Adaware and Spy Doctor, as well as CCLEANER, and run several virus scans without any luck. Zanga doesn't even show up on the list of programs to uninstall, all I have been able to do was disable it as a IE plug-in, but its still there. The WinAntiVirusPro 2006 has been uninstalled, but it remains listed in my control panel as an active program. There is no way to get rid of it that I know, and if I right click it, I only get the option to open it, or copy it. I have deleted all my restore points, turned off system restore and restarted to see if it was just reinstalling on boot, but that isn't the case.

8. I am fairly literate, but I am not skilled enough to edit a registry w/o step by step specific instructions. I have tried a recommended program called "Vondo" or something like that, and it didn't do anything.

9. Any help would be awesome, atm, my only option is to reformat and start over, because I am out of ideas.

Many Thanks!

Tedzepplin

try uninstaller 4 - attached file

it is hard to use and slow to build the database

but will remove the application to registry level

keep out of quick and file clean as will #### up your pc

and 95 percent of time will have to format and reinstall os and all applications

good luck