Another newbie to the board

LuckyArmpit

Howdy!  Another new one to the board!  I've had the DW6000 for about a year now.  Where I live (the proverbial "boonies'),

there is no cable or DSL.  Just dial up which completely sucks.  The small problem I'm having is with signal.  Put on a new roof last summer.  When my dish was installed, I had signal of in the low 90's.  Then, had to repoint the dish.  Was getting a peak signal of 97.  Now, I'm lucky it goes past 50.  There was a time when Direcway d-loaded new code automatically to DW6000 users.  This dropped my signal to 70's.  So now when it rains etc., the modem loses connectivity with the NOC.

I get the top and bottom light on the modem.  Yesterday, it was out for 8 hours.  Back on this morning.  I have done the tweaks to the IE 6 browser and the tweaks to the registry.  Should I go up on the roof and re-point the damn thing?

Anything else should I be lookin at?

Dave...

Okay, here is the speed test I just done on this site using the largest one.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1198 Kbps about 1.2 Mbps (tested with 2992 KB)

Download Speed is:: 146 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 21 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 7.01 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=J4FZ29U5H

Some more background......running the DW6000 into a Netgear wireless router.  I have 5 pc's networked in,

PC I am on is 2.8 gig processor, running win xp sp2.  Have firewall on.

Dave...

The DW6000 updates itself!

Hi LuckyArmpit and welcome to www.Test.my.net.  You are perfectly fine except that your dish is out of alignment.  I have written (in this forum) exactly how to go about aligning your own dish, and it will only take you about 10 minutes to 30 mintues to get it "on the money" ...so go for it!  (And pay attention to the safety rules please)!!!!!!!

Good luck and welcome aboard,

The Reverend

maybe you should repost your instructions on how to realign the dish on the boards that steal your content. just edit them a little. make sure the dish is transmitting so you can detect the signal, stand in the direct path of the dish, dangle your balls in front of the transmitter and such.

:twisted:

:haha: ppl with that kind of perversity can get their balls fryed for all i care  :lol:

VanBuren :)

Rev, thanx for the info!!!!!!  I'm gonna have stepson go up there and move it just a bit until sig strength gets better.

Got to laugh, I have 3 dishes up on the roof, one for direct TV local, one for regular Direct TV and the dish for I'net.

The only other option where I live is wireless.  The thing about it though is you need to have "line of sight" to the tower.

I've seen it in action and its as fast or faster than cable. 

Dave...