Hardware Video Problems With RC-1

rammolo

Hi Folks...

This is what i run.

MB- GA-K8U-939 Gigabyte

Proc. AMD Athlon 3800+ 64 X2 (Dual Core)

Mem. 2GB Dual Channel

HDD (2) 1 250 MB for XP  1 for Vista RC-1

Video. ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256 MB  AGP

My problen is that RC-1 wont recognize my video card, no matter what even so it was runnig fine before i installed the dual core proc. before i was running on a AMD 3000 64 single core. i had a clean install after installing proc. Video works very good in XP.

Guest kamil234

try going to ati.com and downloading the new catalist drivers for  RC1 Vista (assuming you have the 64bit vista?) (the drivers are still beta, i think its on the front page)it should solve the problem

here's the link:

32bit: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/ati_catalyst_rc1_vista_32bit.exe

64bit: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/ati_catalyst_rc1_vista_64bit.exe

Thanks, but i already have those drivers, i tested my ATI card for vista ready and it passed the test, the problem is that Vista disables my card because its reporting defective, even so it works awfully good in XP, and works good in AMD 64 3000 single core, the problem is when i run the new 3800 64 X2 (dual).

Did you have everything working in RC1 or in the beta versions?    The only think that I can think of would be that the drivers that ATI has out, or atleast I have found, are for beta 2 not RC1...  So if something changed in aero or in the graphics interface that could be causing the problems..