100 MB Download Test. Let's Compair.

ROGMAN

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well..

Their server didn't like my ability, I don't think.. I started right around my noraml 1600kB/sec but it eventually knocked me down to this:

(Firefox doesn't give you an average at the end so I took multiple screenies during to prove average speed..)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Sadness.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 15287 Kbps about 15.29 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1866 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 2)

Test Time:: 2006/09/30 - 9:54am

Bottom Line:: 267X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.55 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 6.516 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 158.53 % faster than the average for host (midco.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-0LPM8IQ76

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7 [!]

I enjoy the speeds, yes.  Today has a little more traffic on my ISP's network than during the week, but it's still good speeds.... I just realized I've been on the phone the whole time, which is probably affecting it a bit (being VOIP and what not)..

I can't wait until I get the internal network around here cleaned up and set up properly, I should probably see a twinge bit of an increase in throughput to individual machines.

PS: your speeds are pretty good for residential too, what's your advertised package? (Maybe you should modify the original post to have people include their adv. speeds too?)

Can anyone beat downloading that 100 MB file in less then 90 seconds ? It does not cache the file, so downloading it more then once won't increase speed. Each download is a new fresh download. I ran it 2 time without clearing cache and same results.You don't have to beat it to post your results.Use IE, because it will record the time, whereas Firefox does not.