linking 2 comps with router

chimaira

hi, i have been playing warcraft 3 for some time now and i have never been able to host anything because of my router, im guessing i havent done something that i need to do, but my router is connected to 2 computers and i needed to know if there was a way to link the 2 computers to play wc3. ive tried using lan and when i or someone on the other comp tries to host a game, it doesnt show that the game has been created, so is there a way to link the 2 computers together so we can play? thanks

damn... i guess this post was lost..

Here is the basic run down..  You should be able to host on a network with any problems..  Just make sure that you have your firewall setup, if you have one on the computer, to allow the traffic though.  Also I have seen where the in-game multiplayer will not show the other computer hosting.. the only way to connect is a direct connect with ip..

well, yesterday i got it working and we were able to host through lan, but for some reason today..it just stopped working. I have tried everything, forwarding the ports by typing my ip address in the browser and all that, and i turned of my firewall...what else could possibly be wrong?

the 2 ip's have always been the same, and i saw somewhere that when a computer reboots, the router throws it another ip address...and my computer was rebooted before we played the second time (when it stopped working). but i checked to make sure thats not what the problem wa and the ip was still what it was before...my router is goin on strike and imma throw it out the window!