i have a problem with my speed.

h2haxor

the stupid techs with cox won't help me. i have the premium tier for the OK area (9/1) and whenever i starta download it goes very good (4MBps usually) then it goes down too the lower hundred kilobytes.... i have used tweaks and things but they don't help..

friend told me i should have a docsis 2.0 modem instead of the 1.1 is he right?

the stupid techs with cox won't help me. i have the premium tier for the OK area (9/1) and whenever i starta download it goes very good (4MBps usually) then it goes down too the lower hundred kilobytes.... i have used tweaks and things but they don't help..

your friend is wrong, no one has a docsis 2.0 network to take advantage of it.

your speed tests look good when i look up your history. does this happen only when you download a file form just a regual website?

the stupid techs with Cox won't help me. i have the premium tier for the OK area (9/1) and whenever i starta download it goes very good (4Mbps usually) then it goes down too the lower hundred kilobytes.... i have used tweaks and things but they don't help..

Your speed test results look pretty good....oh wait....D said that too...can you be more specific as to when this is happening and also check your speed TMN when it happens so we can see it as well...

i don't know if it matters. my modem is a telephony modem from arris, so i get voip.

RF Parameters

Downstream

Freq/Power: 663.000 MHz  -1 dBmV   

Signal to Noise Ratio:  36 dB 

Modulation: QAM256 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upstream

Freq/Power: 29.000 MHz  50 dBmV 

Channel Type: DOCSIS 1.x (TDMA) 

Symbol Rate: 2560 kSym/sec 

Modulation: QAM16 

Status 

System Uptime:  0 days 0h:15m:28s

Computers Detected: 1

CM Status: Telephony-AC Power Iso OFF Reg Complete

WAN Isolation: OFF-Access to WAN is allowed

Time and Date: MON OCT 02 22:53:05 2006 

i don't know if it matters. my modem is a telephony modem from arris, so i get voip.

RF Parameters

Downstream

Freq/Power: 663.000 MHz  -1 dBmV   

Signal to Noise Ratio: 36 dB

Modulation: QAM256

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upstream

Freq/Power: 29.000 MHz  50 dBmV

Channel Type: DOCSIS 1.x (TDMA)

Symbol Rate: 2560 kSym/sec

Modulation: QAM16

Status 

System Uptime:  0 days 0h:15m:28s

Computers Detected: 1

CM Status: Telephony-AC Power Iso OFF Reg Complete

WAN Isolation: OFF-Access to WAN is allowed

Time and Date: MON OCT 02 22:53:05 2006 

Everything looks good there with one exception.  The Arris MTA (modem) doesn't like upstreams of 50 dBmV or above so that needs to stay at 50 or lower for that modem to operate reliably. This should not have an effect on your speeds though.  I'm assuming you are using a router as well.  For snits and giggles disconnect the router and run direct to the MTA (don't forget to reset the MTA once you have connected the new equipment).  Let me know what the results are then...we'll get this yet...

i have no fwl running. not even windows fwl :

so yeah, would you know how to lower the frequency thing?

You can't lower that on your own.  Cox will have to send a tech out.  Well we have covered all the bases that one can do remotely.  It's time to have Cox send someone out.  Make sure they bring a laptop and can verify speed test results in front of you. Good Luck!

well, they're comin tomorrow at 5pm gmt-6 : i hope it gets fixed, i have been fighting with them about quality issues for around 4 months.

Do not allow the guy to leave unless you have seen for yourself that his laptop gets the proper speeds.  Then connect your PC up and see what happens.  This will pretty much isolate the issue and from there we can move forward if the issue is not resolved.  I got your pm btw and you will notice there are additional icons to the left which will help you.