Dihydrogen Monoxide!!

php

If a petition was available to ban Dihydrogen Monoxide, would you sign it?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. If a petition was available to ban Dihydrogen Monoxide, would you sign it?

• Yes, definitely
    • No way
    • Maybe...

Man how do you guys just sit there and make fun of that junk. You think this is so funny.  :angry5: :angry5:

You guys really just P me off! !  :sad2::cussing: How could you?  :?:  :?:

And here I thought I knew you guys. As long as I have been on here and you pull this shet. Really why are you being this way?

Made you look  :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Now I will have that glass of μ-oxido dihydrogen with the oxidane to wash it down with. Make it 2 glasses please. ;)

i thought i was banned in the '70's...i didn't know what it was then...and i don't know now, that site is a bunch of gibberish...no cold hard facts...nothing substantiated to go on...someone fill me in...i've been waiting 4 decades to be enlightened

i thought i was banned in the '70's...i didn't know what it was then...and i don't know now, that site is a bunch of gibberish...no cold hard facts...nothing substantiated to go on...someone fill me in...i've been waiting 4 decades to be enlightened

Your doctor recommends 6-8 full glasses of this terrible chemical daily in order for good health.  We know it as .........W A T E R  :)

Just put "Dihydrogen Monoxide" in google and see what you get!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Dihydrogen+Monoxide&btnG=Google+Search

Then scroll down to the 4th post:

Dihydrogen monoxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide

"The term dihydrogen monoxide may refer to:

Water, of which dihydrogen monoxide is a valid systematic name.

The dihydrogen monoxide hoax, a hoax created by University of California, Santa Cruz students which was brought to widespread attention in 1997. "

Or the 5th post with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_hoax

In which you get:

"The water molecule has the chemical formula H2O, meaning each molecule of water is composed of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.

The prefix "di" in "dihydrogen" means two and the prefix "mono" in "monoxide" means one. Oxide means that there is one or more oxygen atoms in the compound. Literally, the term "dihydrogen monoxide" means "two hydrogen, one oxygen", consistent with its molecular formula. The term "monoxide", despite its systematic origin, has negative connotations due to its association with the highly toxic carbon monoxide."

So this should clear it up for those like me that were not sure at first.

Just plain old tap water tdawnaz  :D

FYI, the fifth post also has this:

"Water is not a chemical name under any recognized nomenclature, nor is it international. Under the 2005 revisions of IUPAC nomenclature of inorganic chemistry, there is no single correct name for every compound, and water is a tolerated name for this compound. Additional names of μ-oxido dihydrogen and oxidane have been developed for this compound."

Hence the last part of my other post!  :evil6:

Now I will have that glass of μ-oxido dihydrogen with the oxidane to wash it down with. Make it 2 glasses please. ;)

:haha: i remember them selling this stuff on street corners in the 70's...don't i??...or was it something else...touted as the fountain of youth at the time...then it was banned or attempted ban...huh? what am i thinking of

Ummm....are you having a blonde moment?  ;)

Two parts hydrogen + one part oxygen = water.  :D