THE NEW SERVER FOR TESTMY.NET IS ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Reverend

Man I like the new download feature. With the 5mb Test. In my opinion i think its more accurate.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 5853 Kbps about 5.9 Mbps (tested with 5983 KB)

Download Speed is:: 714 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 105 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 1.43 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=9H6GWVNIC

Yes that is what I thought also  Marcin541 if two T1's is all they have then the test score can't be very good but I do know that cable ran a speed test from the new server to his site and he got like 10mbs a he said that he has to do some tweaking then he should get it up higher so thats good but 10mbs is alot higher then 3mbs or two T1's so they must have other lines to it or those must just be back ups don't know!!1

I told you reverend that I am very familiar with setting up server I have had server of my own running at home but always on my stupid slow connection! But I have done all that I can to help I think if there is anything you need fell free to ask me!!!! I am a tech and my hole family or brother dad and me are all techs but not my mom she sucks at them so if you need help I am almost always online in fact is says I have been online 1 days 5 hours!!! I am always here to help anyone thanks!!!

Hey there Jim2006,

I hear ya.  We are using a pesonal (home) server with Xeon duals in her for just our home systems, because it makes it easier and makes for a stronger LAN/WAN ...but I use the Linux Redhat environment.  Yesterday that is what I ordered for CA3LE because stupid me misunderstood, so it took an extra 12hrs to get it cancelled out and moved into a Helm for Windows Server  (plus the added headache for them to change over the other East/West Dedicated Servers.  I never doubted you for a moment, sorry that you misunderstood my words.  It is just that since this entire deal is my treat to the entire community (because I find "good things" in CA3LE in all ways), I am giving him 100% control of that puppy.  I'll just maintain the financial end of things and watch him work the small wonders tha he does ....such as right now I am seeing things being slowly intertwined, new lins, subs, and I am watching the HDD spaces being allocated.  Trust me, the man IS BUSY!!  lol...

Yeah resopalrabotnic .....you've done exposed me fer sure now.....I've got a silicon fetish and the docs can't help me.  :) 

I am waiting for him to answer my last e-mail about memory.  I can stuff up to 12gigs of memory in that puppy ...I just need to know which package he wants to work with and how many extra HDDs would he like for storage (they come in 200gigs ...no limit to the number especially when you consider when you add one 200gig you are really adding THREE 200gigs (the two 'real-time' servers get one-each too)!    Okay...I'll shut up!  heheh...

Yeah?  I've been online to this site for 7 days and 23hrs and counting. I married this place to my motherboard and they can't live without each other.  Resopalrabotnik has revealed my silicon fetish, Microwave is laughing at me and screaming WIN WIN !!!!  The new server is DESIGNED to run AT LEAST at 10Mbps ...so I am sure it can be tweaked for higher with little to no troubles.  I am leaving the memory "as is" unless CA3LE needs more, and in that case he's got it within 24hrs.  He's still "inside there" so I have nothing new to report except that I refuse to seek help for my silicon fetish ....and Microwave, I'll deal with you later ya clown!  LOL....

Cheers!

"The Rev"