quick question

Guest kamil234

Guest kamil234

ok my friend is lookin to put some extra ram in his computer he has 2 128 sticks and he has 2 empty slots, if he gets 2 256 sticks will that work or he has to have the same size sticks? (i know they have to be the same speed but i dont know about size)

EDIT: also, does the latency of the memory really make a difference? (ex. 5-5-5-12 and 4-4-4-12 )

Yeah...as long as the memory type is the same your friend will be fine

Also, the timings have to be adjusted so that they work on both sets of ram - ....take the more relaxed timings out of two .... also if one ram is faster than the other, the overall speed of the ram will be the one of the slower ram

You can take out the 2-128 sticks and put the 2-256 sticks in the same slots that should be ok. They do recommend that you use the same type of memory if you are adding to it.

I took a 512MB stick out of my DELL and put it in my HP and it worked. I was just gambling that it woould work.

ok my friend is lookin to put some extra ram in his computer he has 2 128 sticks and he has 2 empty slots, if he gets 2 256 sticks will that work or he has to have the same size sticks? (i know they have to be the same speed but i dont know about size)

EDIT: also, does the latency of the memory really make a difference? (ex. 5-5-5-12 and 4-4-4-12 )

Most modern computers seem to cope with various memory sticks ,

but check out http://www.orderingmemory.com/dabs/, , you don't have to buy from them,

edited the multiple quotes for you Just-