coolboy3003

what servers should they have?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. what servers should they have?

• east coast
    • west coast
    • non united states server
    • all three

why don't you guys make three diff servers one for east coast and one for west coast and one for out of country, so everybody sees their more accurate speed. I know i take speed tests on different sites that are more closer than this site that give me my real results, because they are closer so i just thought i'd propose that idea to you guys.

thanks

Jon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me it really doesnt matter. As long as the server is on a backbone you speed will be fairly reasonable. I think that is what Truspeed shows. Ca3le?? I would not vote for international but that other 2 yea that would be ok. Dont put anything in chicago!! Chicago sucks for server location. We are on a really old network. I think the current server is located in Texas if i remember from an earlier post.

To me it really doesnt matter. As long as the server is on a backbone you speed will be fairly reasonable. I think that is what Truspeed shows. Ca3le?? I would not vote for international but that other 2 yea that would be ok. Dont put anything in chicago!! Chicago sucks for server location. We are on a really old network. I think the current server is located in Texas if i remember from an earlier post.

Personally, I think only one other server is needed; On another backbone. I know that this server is hosted in Texas, and that it's probably on an OC-3 MINIMUM line, so host one in, ohh, say Los Angeles and you're set! :lol: just kidding I'm not that self centered. Anywho I would go for one near Seattle which could easily cover canadian users and West Coast people.

Personally, I think only one other server is needed; On another backbone. I know that this server is hosted in Texas, and that it's probably on an OC-3 MINIMUM line, so host one in, ohh, say Los Angeles and you're set! :lol: just kidding I'm not that self centered. Anywho I would go for one near Seattle which could easily cover canadian users and West Coast people.

:? I'm in Tucson AZ. ca3le guys server is in Texas,I am able to get the same speed from new Jersey as I get from Los angles using another test site

that most of us have tested on.The only real speed loss I see is overseas,I guess if the site was in my backyard my speeds may be faster but I am going to sites all over the world.I guess what I'm saying is I dont see setting up 2 more servers(money)making a big difference...

8) Microwave

:? I'm in Tucson AZ. ca3le guys server is in Texas,I am able to get the same speed from new Jersey as I get from Los angles using another test site

that most of us have tested on.The only real speed loss I see is overseas,I guess if the site was in my backyard my speeds may be faster but I am going to sites all over the world.I guess what I'm saying is I dont see setting up 2 more servers(money)making a big difference...

8) Microwave

8) Microwave

8) Microwave

8) Microwave