coolboy3003

what servers should they have?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. what servers should they have?

• east coast
    • west coast
    • non united states server
    • all three

Hey ice you will always get different results from different speed test sites because that is just the way the internet is set up and how it works. I have tested at 5500kbps here at testmy.net but the highest I ever tested with a Mcafee speed test site is 2Mbps. Quite a difference! Also the CNET bandwidth test site only gives me a 2900kbps reading constantly but I know I am going faster than that. It also has to do a lot with what type of data they are using to test your speed with. So even from the reliable test sites that I frequent I get a 3.5Mbps difference in speeds. I obviously look at the higher one!!! :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ice you will always get different results from different speed test sites because that is just the way the internet is set up and how it works. I have tested at 5500kbps here at testmy.net but the highest I ever tested with a Mcafee speed test site is 2Mbps. Quite a difference! Also the CNET bandwidth test site only gives me a 2900kbps reading constantly but I know I am going faster than that. It also has to do a lot with what type of data they are using to test your speed with. So even from the reliable test sites that I frequent I get a 3.5Mbps difference in speeds. I obviously look at the higher one!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

:) These kinds of issues are always the ones that have people scratching their head and sometimes pulling out their hair...and .....to me the answer is there is no one answer... I can state many instances of occurrences that may or may not make sence...example: if you take a race car and tune it to perfection or factory specs.you will get different results (speed) all over the country due to different environmental conditions...humidty elevation etc....there are many documented cases of radio receivers that have a distance of a few miles being able to transmit and receive for thousands of miles......blah blah blah blah....in the world of computers why would it be any different...its not.... things work the way they do sometimes and its not really broken.....now Iam not saying that things cant be fined tuned, but lots of times its just that way .......now when I am able to figure this thing out 100% thats when I write the book and get rich lol..when I was doing tech work for many years my standard response to why did it not work this time?answer=like when you drive up to the local 7=11 or whatever, and you come out and your car doesn't start, its just the time it decided to happen thats all(me pissing off customers lol)anyway I know this doesn't answer the ? for everyone but I got my answer a long time ago.....that doesn't mean I have to like it ,I just have to accept it.......Also some sites are wrong....but they always give me the same wrong answer.....hmmm is it really wrong then??

This has been another helpful hint from "FICTION OR FACT"

8) Microwave

I don't use the default downloader, because I like having a reference for all of my download links. This is what this file has been going at the whole time.

363870.JPG

saw it... but would just like to see a FINISHED transfer... alot can happen towards the end... what I would really like to see is a screenshot of an ftp download :-)

I don't have any ideas for an FTP access or anything. Plus like I said I don't use IE's bundled download, and the one I use doesn't have the finished speed average, it just stays around what I posted throughout the whole thing.

Not trying to put you on the spot, I'm just explaining myself.