STREAMING

jamaicarocks

Wuz up,

I dont have enough bandwidth to stream videos or movies on my server is there a hosting plan that will allow me to do this ,because when I stream using an embedded media player the movie spends alot of time a buffering(So I'm guessing it's a bandwidth issue)......any ideas or help please ,a dedicated server is too expensive.I wanna broadcast linkin park vids to friends on hi5jamaica,and any other clips ,coffeecup web video player says the file is to large,spliting the file would be not so good either ;) ;)

Thank you

Wuz up,

I dont have enough bandwidth to stream videos or movies on my server is there a hosting plan that will allow me to do this ,because when I stream using an embedded media player the movie spends alot of time a buffering(So I'm guessing it's a bandwidth issue)......any ideas or help please ,a dedicated server is too expensive.I wanna broadcast linkin park vids to friends on hi5jamaica,and any other clips ,coffeecup web video player says the file is to large,spliting the file would be not so good either ;) ;)

Thank you

there are a few places if you do a google search for free file hosting you will find a ton.

I would like to have a 700MB movie file set up so that I can watch it over the internet (streaming) from another location. Would I have to set it up through a web hosting company or is there some kind of software I can put on my home computer that will upload the stream when I requested it? My upload speed is 256K so that may not even be fast enough - I don't know...

Sorry if i wasnt clear ..this is what I really want thank you!!

I would like to have a 700MB movie file set up so that I can watch it over the internet (streaming) from another location. Would I have to set it up through a web hosting company or is there some kind of software I can put on my home computer that will upload the stream when I requested it? My upload speed is 256K so that may not even be fast enough - I don't know...

Sorry if i wasnt clear ..this is what I really want thank you!!

a 256kbps upload is not going to work for streaming a 700mb movie file.

Your eather going to have to get a decicated server, VPS, or a shared host with a lot of bandwidth. http://ixwebhosting.com you can get 1tb of bandwidth for 4buck a month.

This is why there is youtube.. they spend over 1 million per month on bandwidth.. I would find it on there and then link it to that.. or embed the video into your site.. Trying to host videos is just not a great idea.. I think that you can upload on to youtube then you will have all of your stuff on their servers.. 

This is why there is youtube.. they spend over 1 million per month on bandwidth.. I would find it on there and then link it to that.. or embed the video into your site.. Trying to host videos is just not a great idea.. I think that you can upload on to youtube then you will have all of your stuff on their servers.. 

a million a month on bandwidth  :shock: i didnt think it was that high.

Wuz up,

Thank you

I personally use www.setnine.com for my streaming...reasonable price and they are pretty reliable.  Also that means you only have to stream the one feed to your server at SN and they handle the major traffic for you.

Good Luck

I personally use www.setnine.com for my streaming...reasonable price and they are pretty reliable.  Also that means you only have to stream the one feed to your server at SN and they handle the major traffic for you.

Good Luck

they are actually quite pricey, and you dont get very much.

(SIGHS)............thats why I should checked with y'all firt,I went and bought ,Godaddy's Plan that offers 300mb bandwidth,and cant really do streaming tha well......but the IX seems to be sufficient for 1500 gb,is this enough to stream a 800mb file?

300GB would be enough to stream a 800mb file. your just going to be able to stream it to more people with 1500GB of bandwidth.