Anyone have problems with testmy.net loading slow?

Blunted 2

The topic page showed this:   

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 23 queries.

The post page showed this:

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 15 queries.

But all the smilies & other buttons loaded after the results & were slow like they have been since testmy being down.I'm just giving things some time to see if it will get better.

As you know I have dial-up & I'm also using IE6. 

Page created in 0.361 seconds with 28 queries.

As to your avatars and signatures, you WILL need to re-upload them. CA3LE posted about this once the site came back up. :)

share-SZRMC3WHD

share-SYRLKO9J3

yup - looks normal to me since I am streaming up and down

I'm looking into this... I was out camping... but luckly I'm in cell range to hear of the problems

either that means that I camp in lame places or cell providers are getting kick ass :-P

At any rate, I just had the server rebooted and am now looking into why we had problems, I just reloaded the whole OS on the server and have been working on getting kinks out (the way that this site is setup it takes a specialized server setup). 

I only had the problem early this morning/afternoon I think...Sometime today lol... It was only one time, and it has flew ever since...

The server just went "Dee Dee Dee" for a bit..  :haha:

Keep up the good work Cable, I know your pain...I just got an email recently that a site I have run and maintained for 2 years had a scam running from it...Seems someone hacked my ftp, and uploaded a site to it, and was running a bank scam on it..  :angry5:  Needless to say I was pissed off, and I decided to just take the entire site down, and said F#$% the whole thing...I give you credit for putting in the time and effort to get the site back working...

I know how crazy it was for me to keep my site up and running, and I had no where near the traffic you get..

I'm sure there are a lot of people that would be extremely distraught if this site ever went down for an extended period of time... :cry: It's very hard to find a forum where you can get so much good information, while at the same time have good-natured conversations with fellow members.  I have yet to have any problems with any members here, and rarely do I see anyone having any.  I attribute this to how the site is maintained, designed and moderated...  :icon_thumright:

Good Job, and remember lots of people appreciate it  :icon_salut:

Yea was having some issues said something about the mysql not working properly. What OS are you running, hopefully not serving off XP..  :haha:

We recently upgraded from Slackware10 to Slackware11 with brute force detection to keep out the kiddies..

Maybe this is something that should put in place? Just a thought, Peace..

I only had the problem early this morning/afternoon I think...Sometime today lol... It was only one time, and it has flew ever since...

The server just went "Dee Dee Dee" for a bit..  :haha:

Keep up the good work Cable, I know your pain...I just got an email recently that a site I have run and maintained for 2 years had a scam running from it...Seems someone hacked my ftp, and uploaded a site to it, and was running a bank scam on it..  :angry5:  Needless to say I was pissed off, and I decided to just take the entire site down, and said F#$% the whole thing...I give you credit for putting in the time and effort to get the site back working...

I know how crazy it was for me to keep my site up and running, and I had no where near the traffic you get..

I'm sure there are a lot of people that would be extremely distraught if this site ever went down for an extended period of time... :cry: It's very hard to find a forum where you can get so much good information, while at the same time have good-natured conversations with fellow members.  I have yet to have any problems with any members here, and rarely do I see anyone having any.  I attribute this to how the site is maintained, designed and moderated... :icon_thumright:

Good Job, and remember lots of people appreciate it  :icon_salut:

yeah, hackers fuckin suck balls... they can all rot in hell.  It's like I have to update all of the 1000's of things running on my server every two weeks to make sure I don't have some new exploit (like a php exploit mySQL loophole that the hackers found out about).  I do have scripts that run every night that auto update allot of really important stuff but still...

/sigh  -- everything seems to be running great right now, and the server load is at an awesome low after finding out a single setting in httpd.conf that makes all the difference.

But god, running a servers that get as much traffic as mine do and I'm sure yours does is a huge headache sometimes.  But for some reason I will have like 6 months of no problems and RIGHT when I go on a vacation or something BAM! hackers start invading my shit... and then I spend my vacation sweeping up the mess.

I'll be keeping an eye on everything and when I get back to phoenix (most likely) I'll get any details worked out, I suppose I'll cut my vacation extra short... I can do everything remotely but working on this laptop stresses me out, I just miss my comfy office setup -- really needed when you have to work for hours on end, laptops are nice and all but damn my back hurts, lol.

-D

Yea was having some issues said something about the mysql not working properly. What OS are you running, hopefully not serving off XP..  :haha:

We recently upgraded from Slackware10 to Slackware11 with brute force detection to keep out the kiddies..

Maybe this is something that should put in place? Just a thought, Peace..

I run redhat enterprise 3 --- lol, XP.. bah ha ha, that shit would crash every 15 hours.

I get like 1000 or more password hacks a day (through SSH) but luckily I've never been root hacked.  I run SSH on a non-standard port so that's helped with that a bunch... but some still get through, I suppose some of them just scan the ports.... most just turn and run when they notice it's not on port 22... bruteforce rarely works anyways, and those odds get cut WAY in my favor when you take into the account the complexity of the passwords I use for everything.  They all would take so long to bruteforce that it's not even funny (I use uppercase, lowercase, numbers, symbols and long passwords that have no meaning what-so-ever...) bruteforce is the least of my worries.

alright.. I'm tired, I'm going to watch the new South Park now.. lol.

-D

CA3LE ;Take the rest of your vacation .You've worked more than enough for a man on vacation.Unless you are worried the hackers will shut the site down again we can live with any small problems.If you can even take some additional days to make up for the work you've had to do.& next time take a cheap crappy cell phone.  ;)

I suppose I'll cut my vacation extra short.

-D

But god, running a servers that get as much traffic as mine do and I'm sure yours does is a huge headache sometimes.  But for some reason I will have like 6 months of no problems and RIGHT when I go on a vacation or something BAM! hackers start invading my shit... and then I spend my vacation sweeping up the mess.

whatch your friends closer

but watch out for your enemies even closer

maybe the hacker is next door and knew you were going on holiday

just a bit of hummor hehehe

It was pretty damn funny  :haha:

As usual, they are staying current..  ;)

haha, hell yea.. it was awesome.

whatch your friends closer

but watch out for your enemies even closer

maybe the hacker is next door and knew you were going on holiday

just a bit of hummor hehehe

actually.... I did tell them... hummmmmm, lol