Connection locks up

Rosko

I usually leave my computer on over night while sleeping.  Here recently when i wake up i have to restart my computer before it will get online again.  I have verizon dsl.  All the lights on the modem are on, steady, and normal.  Sometimes it will even "lock up" or whatever it's doing in as short as 30 to 45 minutes of inactivity.  McAfee, ad-ware,  or spybot find nothing.  Have zone alarm installed.  Windows xp.  It's not a major hassle yet a minor inconvienance i figured i'd ask you guys about.  Any idea's let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the bump tommie!  Swimmer I know very little about computers but I never have to dial in.  Maybe I dont understand what you mean.  The only way I can get it to get online after a period of inactivity is to restart it.  Plus, as far as I know only my monitor goes into standby mode.  Or power save mode.  Whatever it's called. 

Hey Rosko go here and after reading download hijack this,you may have something that is running that is not being picked up by your a/v or firewall,such as a dialer.

But be sure you read and follow the instructions on this site.

http://www.castlecops.com/t49271-How_to_post_in_the_Hijackthis_forum.html

P.S. Hope this don't break the rule about posting other sites.