Apache! People Needed Pweez!

FiberOptic

Hey people... Well iv decided that I want to host my own site for a bit while i get intrest from people at school and then start paying for hosting....

The story so far.

I have installed Apache! and followed the guide buy CABLE, But how do i give access to other people my ip is : 90.194.228.9 and what do i need to change....

WHen you click my IP 90.194.228.93 it takes me to my Router Config Page.... what do i do know.... somethings wrong... also the files that i wish to host are currently on my http://localhost what do i do to get them so other people can view it.... i have done what someone suggested on DynDNS and have got truvibes.gotdns.com ;

what do i do know.... Last time i set my site up using IIS and now someone told me apache is better....

See your using win :cough: for hosting this.. Only experience I have is behind linux with apache, which you would find everything in one config file.. Which in Slackware is /etc/apache/http.conf .. So wish I could be more helpful..

Honestly, find the config files and READ through it.. I'm being honest when I say, everything is pretty straight forward you just have to know where and what you are looking for.. Most of this information is found on Apache's website, also PHP.net website..

Again suggestion is to RTFM..  :shock:

Sorry but for anyone really to help you, you really need to know what you are doing first..  :icon_pale:

Food for the Thought Processes!! VyraX :aka: SirHOAX

what equipment are u using?

if u cant find help in that website it must be some obscure thing hehehe

but i am sure we can help u further if u dont find the answer there okay

Nah.. Its Sky's Branded Router.. They have locked all the settings... so ADMIN.... DELETE THIS PLEASE thanx

My experience with Apache and trying to run a website off my cable isp (Cox) made me real bitter and I was never able to get it working, and I refuse another attempt. No matter what I tried no one outside of my network could ever access my page. I tried forwarding port 80, didn't work. I tried using many different ports and none of them worked. I tried other hosting software, they didn't work. Basically, save yourself the trouble and time and just get yourself a free host until you want to start paying.  :D

if i forward port 80?? how? sorry for being annoying! :oops::cry:

As for the branded router....you pretty much are hosed if they won't let you inside....the alternative (if sky provides you with a standard ethernet connection...one assumes they do) is to go out and get yourself a decent router for a few bucks...and then we can show you how to do it....or if you permit....I'm sure one of us can do it for you remotely without any problems.

See your using win :cough: for hosting this.. Only experience I have is behind linux with apache, which you would find everything in one config file.. Which in Slackware is /etc/apache/http.conf .. So wish I could be more helpful..

Honestly, find the config files and READ through it.. I'm being honest when I say, everything is pretty straight forward you just have to know where and what you are looking for.. Most of this information is found on Apache's website, also PHP.net website..

Again suggestion is to RTFM..  :shock:

Sorry but for anyone really to help you, you really need to know what you are doing first..  :icon_pale:

Food for the Thought Processes!! VyraX :aka: SirHOAX

i'm sure that VyraX didn't mean that to sound the way it did...he was probably just being funny but just so everyone knows...this is not how testmy.net helps people...we don't tell people to go read the manual...if i don't know the answer...someone else may know it...

telling someone to go read this or go read that...is rude...and we don't do it that way here...

there r plenty of people here that know this stuff and will get u up and running if it's possible...if not they'll help u find another way... :D