School computers what os is your school using

Semour06

In our high school they have ancient dell computers and they run the os windows 95 off the server i would think it would be more usefull to upgrade the computers to windows xp. I live in maine where we had the MLTI program in middle school and those computers were tight on the sucerity but at the higschool they basicley give you a 4 didget number for a user id and a 4 didget password so im guessing this would be childs play to any hacker. They also have un encrypted wireless internet connect into the whole network

WINDOWS XP

THERE SOME SECURATY BUT I HAVCE FOUND A LOT OF HOLES ON IT CONSTANTLY

ME AND MY FRIENDS R CONSTANTLY GIVING THEM HELL

WE ALWAYS GETTING ON MYSPACE

WE HAVE SET UP 2 SATLITIES UP TO A WIFI ROUTER TO SENT THE SIGNAL OUT FOR 10 MILES

WE BRAKE ALL THE COMPUTER RULES WE CAN

we are running window XP SP2 and Windows server 2003 for user control.. and solaris, i believe, for user storage...

In our high school they have ancient dell computers and they run the os windows 95 off the server i would think it would be more usefull to upgrade the computers to windows xp. I live in maine where we had the MLTI program in middle school and those computers were tight on the sucerity but at the higschool they basicley give you a 4 didget number for a user id and a 4 didget password so im guessing this would be childs play to any hacker. They also have un encrypted wireless internet connect into the whole network

My guess is that the servers are running NT not windows 95 on the server.. but they should be updating so as 95 and 98 are now no longer supported.. :roll:

WINDOWS XP

WE HAVE SET UP 2 SATLITIES UP TO A WIFI ROUTER TO SENT THE SIGNAL OUT FOR 10 MILES

Nice caps..  Holes are not hard to fine to get onto myspace..

WINDOWS XP

omg noz u are a hacker lol

A computer lab with obsolete equipment.....yeeeap...that will go a long way to train our future scientists.....scary.....maybe your school board should consider less football...more academics.  Just a thought...

WINDOWS XP

Must be that time of year again. Back in caps.  :roll::(

At least we hope it is not yelling.  :shrug:

Yes, our high school also has un encrypted wireless networks to. The only way you can pick it up though is if you are right outside the school, and you have no idea what kind of network security they have.

we also play half life even when they try their hardest to block the ports

block ppl from executing things off cd drives

we still manege

we set up ftps and give every1 free accces to just about every local band around 4 miles

tx is very bid lot of local bands

austin the music capital of the world

we also play half life even when they try their hardest to block the ports

block ppl from executing things off cd drives

we still manege

we set up ftps and give every1 free accces to just about every local band around 4 miles

tx is very bid lot of local bands

austin the music capital of the world

omg roflcopter...you are teh real morpheous....show me the way out of matrix !

Im thinking someone needs to stay away from the Starbucks... and internet slang book from the late nineties.  :haha: :haha:

I was truly lost before you explained it shug. *as he wipes the sweat off of his brow*

For all I knew it was modern school talk. Bt now at least I know my kids will not be doing that to me.

My luck it will be much WORSE!

EEeekk...