Road Walker

Well folks, TMC seemed to begin operating the net in northwestern San Diego County Saturday morning Pacific time.  The first thing I noticed was a drop in downloading speed from about 4.2 Mbps to about 3.6 Mbps, as reported by testmy.net.  I contacted their interactive online support and got the usual runaround.  Clearly, TMC said, their network was working just fine.  Whatever the trouble, it was my equipment causing it, and a withchhunt began that resulted in absolutely nothing.  After several attempts, I gave up.

This morning, I attempted to set up my Road Runner e-mail account using their "wizard".  Unfortunately, Mr Wizard and his TWC friends didn't seem to know anything about me.  I eventually found my server addresses and installed them manually along with my e-mail address that TWC claimed was mine.  There was still no action after many, many attempts, but, finally, I was able to send a message and got one from Microsoft Outlook advising to elect "Log on to incoming mail server before sending mail".  So, I did that, but I'm still only able to get and send mail now and then.  Likewise, the online web mail doesn't work either.  I tried to contact online support, but I was 45 or so in line and gave up on that.  What a fiasco!!!!

Well folks, TMC seemed to begin operating the net in northwestern San Diego County Saturday morning Pacific time. The first thing I noticed was a drop in downloading speed from about 4.2 Mbps to about 3.6 Mbps, as reported by testmy.net. I contacted their interactive online support and got the usual runaround. Clearly, TMC said, their network was working just fine. Whatever the trouble, it was my equipment causing it, and a withchhunt began that resulted in absolutely nothing. After several attempts, I gave up.

This morning, I attempted to set up my Road Runner e-mail account using their "wizard". Unfortunately, Mr Wizard and his TWC friends didn't seem to know anything about me. I eventually found my server addresses and installed them manually along with my e-mail address that TWC claimed was mine. There was still no action after many, many attempts, but, finally, I was able to send a message and got one from Microsoft Outlook advising to elect "Log on to incoming mail server before sending mail". So, I did that, but I'm still only able to get and send mail now and then. Likewise, the online web mail doesn't work either. I tried to contact online support, but I was 45 or so in line and gave up on that. What a fiasco!!!!

Your RR email may be presented to you in this format:

username@division.rr.com

Your email servers will then be:

(incoming): pop-server.division.rr.com

(outgoing): smtp-server.division.rr.com

You will be required to log into the incoming server with your username (not the whole email address) and password.

<hr>

If you have recently been migrated from Adelphia, then your mail servers will be as follows:

(incoming): pop-server.roadrunner.com

(outgoing): smtp-server.roadrunner.com

You will still need your username and password.

<hr>

The webmail is located at webmail.division.rr.com, or webmail.roadrunner.com (for Adelphia), where you will also be prompted for username and password.

<hr>

All of this information is available at Help & Members Services. There are also links from here to change/reset your password, and set up sub accounts.