sweet new printer - color laserjet

CA3LE

I got a killer deal on this

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/18972-236251-236268-15077-f51-446153.html

It's an HP Color LaserJet 2600n, I couldn't let the deal pass by.  could you believe I got it for only $170!  That's like the price of a InkJet, lol.  Not only did I get a deal, but it was also 100% brand new, in the box and everything.  He said "$200" and I said "eh, I'll give you $170" and he took it :-P

Now for the bad news.... I looked up the price for replacement cartridges and they are like $70 each and it takes 4.  :(  -- but the toner cartridges are huge so I'm sure they'll last me a long time.

For anyone who is thinking about getting a color laser this is a really cool printer.  I have mine setup in a spare bedroom hooked up to the LAN.  The printer has an http server built in and you can log into it (like a router) and change like a million settings, it also shows each cartridges ink left down to 1% increments (which is very accurate.. see the screenshot below).  I highly reccomend this printer, even at full price.  I've seen refurb versions of this for under $300.  This also prints very high quality and REALLY fast.... a full page of color is almost instant.

... it's just going to suck when it comes time to get toner, haha.

-D

This guy have anymore for that price??

I'm still using my HP LaserJet 4050n. Which I found in the garbage and it wasn't even used that much, the cartridge must of been near new, because this thing still prints even after all the paper we have put through it. Even had the Network Module for an Internal Printer Server. Really is a great printer, even tho its Black and White, it has a 10,000 print yeild on the cartridge life.

Sure you could pick up one of those cheap if anyone is looking for a fast realiable black and white laserjet printer. Really is something that belongs in an office, but I can not argue. Its a FREEBIE!! They even threw-out a p3-733mhz Dell and 19" Screen..  ;)

Gotta love stumbling upon a good find..

Morning to all that are Reading this! - - VyraX - - :cool:

This guy have anymore for that price??

I'm still using my HP LaserJet 4050n. Which I found in the garbage and it wasn't even used that much, the cartridge must of been near new, because this thing still prints even after all the paper we have put through it. Even had the Network Module for an Internal Printer Server. Really is a great printer, even tho its Black and White, it has a 10,000 print yeild on the cartridge life.

Sure you could pick up one of those cheap if anyone is looking for a fast realiable black and white laserjet printer. Really is something that belongs in an office, but I can not argue. Its a FREEBIE!! They even threw-out a p3-733MHz Dell and 19" Screen..  ;)

Gotta love stumbling upon a good find..

Morning to all that are Reading this! - - VyraX - - :cool:

Yeah, definitely 'really' for a much larger office than my own, lol.  But wow, I couldn't turn down such a killer deal.

That is one of the printer I have been looking at on ebay for a while..  Be interested in how long that toner lasts you..  Have you tried to print a graphic yet?  How did it turn out?

So far I've only printed on some paper I had lying around (like 85 whiteness crap).  I gave my (really nice) cannon bubble jet to my older sister because I hardly ever used it.  I used it so little that the ink got messed up from sitting so long... but with a toner system I'll have no problem.  And with the speed of printing I'll be using it much more often.  For some reason it says 8ppm color and BW.  But trust me it's WAY faster, 8PPM is a WAAAAY understatement and doesn't make any sense.  Maybe mine is all turbo'd out or something, haha.

Also, it says it's only 600DPI... which... eh, I can believe.  Although the print quality looks really good (especially for how quick stuff is printed) it's not what I would call a photo printer by todays standard.  But that's what you get with a color laser printer, I just checked and all the way up to $2000 is still only 600DPI (by spending much more you just get a higher duty cycle and maybe a little faster printing in some cases).  The duty cycle is like 35,000 pages/month, to put that in perspective compared to inkjet a high end ($600) hp inkjet says "Recommended monthly volume: Up to 1000 pages".  Now I will never print even 500 pages per month myself... but it's good to know that the printer is at such a gauge that I could do 70X what I could imagine ever doing... nice to have something that sturdy (even expensive ink printers I've owned don't seem to last very long).

Back to quality, as I said, I've only printed on reeeeally crappy paper.  As soon as I get some nicer paper if you'd like I can mail you a print out so you can see what it looks like.... it's really all about the paper. :-P.

-D

ONE big disappointment you will find. You cannot print what is concidered glossy prints like you can with inkjet. I like them, and they look the same behind glass. But for some reason folks still think they should be as glossy as the waxy paper from inkjet.

The problem is the glossy will very  quickly if not immediatley mess up the laser as it uses heat which will melt and gum up everything.  ;)

By the way I personally am still on the trial toner it came with. Iv'e had it for 6 months. And they will dry up on you like the inkjet.  :) My main reason.

ONE big disappointment you will find. You cannot print what is concidered glossy prints like you can with inkjet. I like them, and they look the same behind glass. But for some reason folks still think they should be as glossy as the waxy paper from inkjet.

The problem is the glossy will very  quickly if not immediatley mess up the laser as it uses heat which will melt and gum up everything.  ;)

By the way I personally am still on the trial toner it came with. Iv'e had it for 6 months. And they will dry up on you like the inkjet.  :) My main reason.

ya thats a big problem ive ran into that one at work a few times.