Neighbor Stealing Internet

Sparticus

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my company is in start-up stages, I look for places that have guards on duty that watch a yard or a facility. Find ways to eliminate the guards and initiate a monthly contract for a security system that suits their needs. Watched remotely, control lighting, etc.

This account I am shooting for will make or break me this year.  :!:

I used to install/service similar stuff with heating and air conditioning...We had total control over the building from our office or any internet connected pc, which eliminated half the problems caused by people not having a clue how to operate a simple thermostat....Plus, we could test all our equipment from the pc, so you could have an idea what you were up against when you had to go there for repairs...Fun Stuff  ;) Plus, it saved them a ton on energy costs...Some places saved 1/4 on their bills  ;)

I used to install/service similar stuff with heating and air conditioning...We had total control over the building from our office or any internet connected pc, which eliminated half the problems caused by people not having a clue how to operate a simple thermostat....Plus, we could test all our equipment from the pc, so you could have an idea what you were up against when you had to go there for repairs...Fun Stuff  ;) Plus, it saved them a ton on energy costs...Some places saved 1/4 on their bills  ;)

Isn't that system set-up for NYC housing? Remember a Union plumber talking about those systems and how they opperated. I believe that was when they were first being installed. Sounds like a great plan if you ask me. Anything done remote is better than have to run around diagnosing problems, without even knowing where to start..

There were a bunch of different ones we installed...All basic energy management systems..

The hospitals have some really cool stuff...Shows you temps along the piping, pressures at different points in the system, position of the valves, etc....Its pretty sweet.  :-P

Did some Trane VAV systems for Verizon sites...Those were fun...TONS O WIRES  :haha:

Have some photos of VerizoN Co-Location Facilities in NYC, you should see what those places look like. Talk about wires, we were only installing for one Company call NorthPoint Communications.. We would install amphenol cables, they have 40pairs of wires each.. Would install about 20-30 of those, at 30-50ft lengths.. The cable racks were loaded down with thousands of those amphenol cables.. Never seen anything like that before.. I'm sure they've expanded more in some of those locations since we were installing those cables.. Can only imagine..

They had no Camera signs everywhere, but - well you know me - didn't listen to them.. Guess they don't want people seeing the heart of NYC's communications..    :D

Regards, - - VyraX - -  :)

Have some photos of VerizoN Co-Location Facilities in NYC, you should see what those places look like. Talk about wires, we were only installing for one Company call NorthPoint Communications..

I have probably been in some of the buildings(still have a key for the air dryer rooms..but 1/2 an inch is melted off the end of it..Long story..)  :haha: We used to maintain the chillers that kept the air dryer compressors cool...I did most of the brooklyn/queens/staten island ones...Most of the Verizon stuff we touched in the city was the "under the sidewalk" condensing units...Talk about no space.. :roll: .. You had to basically work while hanging sorta upside down..F@#@in gravity..  :haha:

Edit:

Come to think of it, I think being in those air dryer rooms is partially why I can't hear a damn thing..  :haha:

Man that room was loud.. :evil6:

I might be late, but I will have my say real quickly.

If you steal my internet without my permission, I will hunt you down. I feel politics is a waste time. I am sometimes barbaric in my attitude, but I paid for it and it is mine. You will not steal off of my kids plate and not hear from ME!!

I concider anyone stealing to have an inner-city lack of education, and a jailhouse intellect and it will not be tolerated from me. Any more than a rogue dog with rabies.  :angry5: :angry5:

Now on the food part, KC MO grows the best beef for steak. Guess that is why I love it here so much.  :D

Tell that to bill gates, and steve jobs - who originally stole windows operating system and the macintosh operating system from xerox.. Watch pirates of silicon valley to fully understand..

What was the saying - - oh yea "a true artist doesn't create, he steals"

jolly_roger_a1a.gif

Regards - - VyraX - -

Tell that to bill gates, and steve jobs - who originally stole windows operating system and the macintosh operating system from xerox.. Watch pirates of silicon valley to fully understand..

jolly_roger_a1a.gif

Regards - - VyraX - -

actually you got it somewhat wrong jobs and waz didnt steal anything xerox gave it to them, bill gates, paul allen, and steve ballmer stole it from apple and modified the hell out of it and intergrated it with basic. so only microsoft stole something.

Are you really gonna make me say it... shit. I don't like to say it (its a lil mean) but dammit funny. Shit your gonna make me say it. Shit. Shit.

[move]Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win your still a retard....[/move]

I cant believe you made me say it.

jolly_roger_a1a.gif

Regards - - VyraX - -

Oh my god....you sir need to put down the crack pipe.  Pirates of silicon valley was the biggest crock of crap in my life I have ever seen.  I grew up in Mtn. View, my father worked for Intel when it was a mere 2000 sf warehouse and they only dreamed of what we are doing today.  I had the priv. of serving on several symposiums with both Bill Gates and Jobs and several other (at the time) nobodies in the who's who of silicon valley many years ago when everyone was still trying to find a way to make hard drives affordable for the masses let alone even dreaming of dual or quad core processors (yea...way before you were probably even a concept).  One of my school age mentors and the sole reason why I took up a technology career in early 80's was the only true direct competition to Bill Gates when he courted IBM who was desperate to find an operating system for their new PC.  I can assure you that there was no theft involved then...or when Bill's vision evolved into GUI based product that we now know as Windows.  While I am not overly thrilled with Wozniak, Jobs and Gates both have hard earned their wealth and fame and neither of them stole a damn thing.  I am by no means a windows fan nor do I like some of the things that Bill Gates has done over the years (I don't think that anyone does) but that man is not a thief.  Xerox has only Xerox to fault for their failure to bring a product to market.  To sit there and quote   from  made for TV docutrash just shows what little you really do know.  You would have been better to stop while you were ahead about 12 posts ago.

Ok, so macintosh and microsoft took the intelectual rights from xerox's system and made it their own. To some degree that is stealing, creating the system look and feel exactly as the others. Still they both lived by the same credo. Which was "a true artist doesn't create, he steals."  Which built two billion dollar companies overnight.

jolly_roger_a1a.gif

ispGEEK : You can stop with your petty attacks.. It doesn't show much on your behalf..

- - VyraX - -

Alright now pay attention.

One more personal attack and this thread is closed

Stop it, act like adults and drop the name calling and slamming. This is not what we do here, you want to bicker like kids there are a million forums that will allow it find one of them and take this garbage there, we dont allow it. If the personal attacks do continue whoever is participating could be looking at disciplinary action. Lets just not do that.

Well either way, not sure about how factual the movie is.. Never really had the time to critique it.. Just like the point of view seeing it happen first hand..

Still thought it was a good movie and was worth watching. Anyone that hasn't seen pirates of silicon valley, be sure to check it out.. Sheds things in a different light when you look at Microsoft and Macintosh.

Oh well on that note I'm getting some sleep. Money is to be made tomorrow, have to catch that early worm..

OVER AND OUT..

Regards, - - VyraX - -

Only if it is read thoroughly.

And having been in many a complicated argument on here, the actual attacks are not allowed.

Check out: Why is Puerto not a state?

And the poll: And "Hereafter"

http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-13474

Not sure where the PR one is exactly, but the point is you 2 fella's just failed by at least 15 pages of having a heavy discussion without personal attack. You fella's did not even make it "1";)