How close are you to getting verizon fios?

Blunted 2

Nice - the Long Island area of New York should have it relatively soon. It appears they installed it almost completely over here. We should have it with in a two month mark. Should be interesting.

We need to get the 10mbit up / 50mbit down business package and share it Blunted! We can limit speeds for both of our networks so no one steals the other's half. You get 5mbit and I get 5mbit - and when no one is using the bandwidth we both can max it out at 10mbit. Bounce the connection with the wifi-gear.. I'm already paying $120 a month with speakeasy.net, so it doesn't make a big difference to me. Probably be saving money - and getting the best package we can get..  :twisted:

Regards, - - VyraX - -

Cool Beans, a fellow NewYorker..

So I see they don't have it in Astoria New York yet.. Any clue if you have any info when they might be installing it?? Wish we had a TOWER set up over here.. Be easier to slame out a signal off of a business connection so we all could have fast speeds..  Or even access to a 5 story building that overlooks the surrounding buildings would work.. :(

Who knows maybe in the near future we could get a TOWER set-up around here for wireless backhauls, for direct connections with the fiber optic..  Be great if we could find more people that would want to get on, so we could organize something for trying to connect over long distances..

Just got my hands on some new WiMAX gear, that they use to install in NYC.. Probably going to just resell it.. Either way you can build wireless backhauls, P2P connections with ease.. Have two directional antennas here that are rated 27dbi, should do about 25miles with no Amp.. Then again I have two 1AMP units, that would probably slame out the signal even further...  :cool:

Food for Thought - - VyraX - -

Cool Beans, a fellow NewYorker..

So I see they don't have it in Astoria New York yet.. Any clue if you have any info when they might be installing it?? Wish we had a TOWER set up over here.. Be easier to slame out a signal off of a business connection so we all could have fast speeds..  Or even access to a 5 story building that overlooks the surrounding buildings would work.. :(

Who knows maybe in the near future we could get a TOWER set-up around here for wireless backhauls, for direct connections with the fiber optic..  Be great if we could find more people that would want to get on, so we could organize something for trying to connect over long distances..

Just got my hands on some new WiMAX gear, that they use to install in NYC.. Probably going to just resell it.. Either way you can build wireless backhauls, P2P connections with ease.. Have two directional antennas here that are rated 27dbi, should do about 25miles with no Amp.. Then again I have two 1AMP units, that would probably slame out the signal even further...  :cool:

Food for Thought - - VyraX - -

Hey there :D

Yea nothing in Astoria,but have heard theyre working on the backbone in my area, then theyll head to the poles and work from there, and from a high position FIOS guy that I spoke to at Digital Life told me that my area and basically the rest of Queens should see it 2007,only thing holding them back is the franchise they are trying to approve..so basically its a waiting game lol.

As for that wireless idea..I knew someone when I had classes that had the same idea :haha:

He's planning on doing something like that..but I doubt it :)

Well that is what I am saying, it could happen. It's understandable, thinking that its impossible or nearly for that matter. Because of all the buildings we have to contend with, and there is also a ridge line that is 300ft right where the end of the Clearview Expressway where it meets Hillside Ave.. That is a problem with trying to reach the city and the surrounding area from where I am.. We have plenty of roof top access over here.. Its that damn ridge that blocks the signal..

If we could find a way around that, we probably could get a nasty little wifi-network set-up.. Hey you never know, get enough people willing to get on it - we might be able to get COGENTCO connection rated at 100mbit upstream and 100mbit downstream, and that is DUPLEX !!  :shock:

Who knows, like I said its all about the people you are dealing with and the organization and the accessibility to the roof tops.

Food for the Thought Process - - VyraX - -  :icon_cyclops_ani:

I've had it for a year  :haha:

:flipa:  :booty:  :flipa:

Still waiting for a slowdown or an outage..

I've lost electric like 20 times this year, but haven't lost Fios once.  :evil6:

Did you notice how we usually have the same ping times to BF2142..eventhough you have FIOS and I have Earthlink :haha:

But other than that..your so lucky :roll::-P:D

Did you notice how we usually have the same ping times to BF2142..eventhough you have FIOS and I have Earthlink :haha:

But other than that..your so lucky :roll::-P:D

Its normally lower, but I am running x64, and my nic card doesn't have released drivers just yet...I'm using beta drivers, and they are a bit buggy..I think they released drivers for my onboard nic, I'm going to see if they are better.

Its normally lower, but I am running x64, and my nic card doesn't have released drivers just yet...I'm using beta drivers, and they are a bit buggy..I think they released drivers for my onboard nic, I'm going to see if they are better.

good excuse man, good one