IE 7

bryanlautt

I just Downloaded IE 7 I noticed at the microsoft website that it finally came out of RC1.  I like the setup its really cool though im not to fond of the Phishing since it slows the websites down a little.  After i disabled the phishing it works back to normal again.  :D 

Reminds me of Firefox with the tabbed browsing a big setup from the previous versions.

I can attest that I am already having issues with it since last nights upgrade.  For some reason outlook has started doing some really strange snit.  My advice is hold off.....I'll be removing it tonight if I can't resolve the problems.

are you sure you have the final release, because all the beta's and rc1 had problems with outlook.

I just installed Version 7.0.5730.11 from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com.  I must say it has really stabilized since I first started with IE7 with Beta 2.  I like the security measures, and the plugin support is great.  Anybody who is addicted to tabbed browsing from FF or Opera should definitely check it out.

I probably won't understand the project, but good luck ISP geek.

Any idea how hard it would be to go back to IE6 if I preferred it that way after installing Fallow Earth??

I'm taking old military movies that were converted to dvd and remastering them with titles, audio and some major editing.....seeing as I've had exactly 4 hours of experience with it....it's taking me a while.... I will dive back into IE7 tomorrow at this point....and yes you can roll back to IE6....things were so freaky with my installation though I just opted to do system restore....

Any idea how hard it would be to go back to IE6 if I preferred it that way after installing Fallow Earth??

It should be listed in Add/Remove Programs as "Windows Internet Explorer 7."  I would install another browser, like Firefox, before you attempt to uninstall.  I have never uninstalled it, myself.

OOOoooooh, I hated firefox.  :angry5:

Slowed down my comp a bunch last time. Just wondered.

I remember trying that new media player a while back and remember I did not want to get used to it.

And IE7 being more secure, and newer I figured I might give it a go. But if I had to do a total recovery, it would not be worth it in my book, at all.

Just installed IE7, and so far, so good...No problems just yet...Does seem to run a lot faster than IE6.

ISPgeek, are you sure you installed the version for x64...I'm pretty sure they have a different one for x86, and x64..Perhaps you were trying to install the wrong one? Just a thought..  :cool: