Anyone else having issues with IE7?

ispgeek

Well I installed IE7 final from microsoft.com/ie last night and the problems began almost immediately.  Outlook started doing some really weird stuff and then finally the process locked entirely.  Since installation I have had to reboot my pc for this or that weird thing 7 or 8 times....so bad...just did a full system restore to get rid of it.

I would have tried IE7 but Windows ME doesn't meet the system requirements for  it.So I will have to stick with IE6.

A hint on installing any IE .Ctrl+Alt+Delete to close everythin but Explorer & systray before starting the update.Then do as few items as it will let you with a custom install.Then restart & keep doing this till IE has everthing you want installed.

Especially do this with Outlook Express.

I found if I let it do the standard install on its own it almost always screws up.

I would have tried IE7 but Windows ME doesn't meet the system requirements for  it.So I will have to stick with IE6.

A hint on installing any IE .Ctrl+Alt+Delete to close everythin but Explorer & systray before starting the update.Then do as few items as it will let you with a custom install.Then restart & keep doing this till IE has everthing you want installed.

Especially do this with Outlook Express.

I found if I let it do the standard install on its own it almost always screws up.

Cholla we have got to get you a PC that runs a safe OS.  Wow....you are scarin me.....tell me seriously you are still not running ME?

I guess this has nothing to do with I.E.7 but my Adobe photodeluxe

causes Outlook to go nuts , so I uninstalled it ( Outlook ) have you got all the updates on office ?

Now that I must confess...I may not have all the updates for it....grrr...another night on MS website downloading things that should have been included from the get go.  I am about to tackle the IE7 issue again...prolly tonight will post back my nightmarish results....

• 2 weeks later...