Pentium D 805

pr0duc3r

i dont want to over clock my pc at all i just need a decent computer with upgradability.  and i have read enough to know the Pentium 805 was a good place to start.

here is a list i got totaled at almost $700-minus monitor keyboard and mouse, i need this to be a usable computer, maybe laying down some mixes, nothin video, alil adobe, surfin web and puttin cd's together but keep in mind the upradability....am i about in the right ballpark or are their items i could lose,

1x - Intel Pentium D 805 Smithfield 2.66GHz LGA 775 Dual Core,EM64T Processor

1x - ASUS P5L-MX Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 945G Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

1x - Patriot Signature 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) System Memory

1x - Emu 0404 Soundcard - $99.99

1x - Rosewill RD400-2-DB ATX V2.2 400W Power Supply

1x - Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

1x - Rosewill TU-153 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 400W(20+4 pin) Power Supply

1x - GIGABYTE GV-NX73T256P-RH Geforce 7300GT 256MB GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card

2x - LG 16X DVD

I also did my recent upgrade with a Pentium D 805 purchased @ newegg for $90 combined with a Fry's electronics Intel d102ggc2 mobo for 70 and 2x 512MB Kingston DDR2 533MHz Ram for 100 the rest i already had an x600 pro 256 PCI-E Vid Card 2 200GB Maxtor SATA Drives RAID 0 and a 250 IDE For my music

Depending on temperatures, it can run at anywhere between 3.3 and 4.0 Ghz. Personally, I'd go for the cheapest Core 2 Duo and OC that one, because the 805 uses a lot of power on full load especially when OCed (like, 150+ watt) and you'll earn the difference back within time for the next computer.

im not looking to overclock it, the pentium d is dual core, i just need it for now, i can do almost everything i want with the computer i am on now,(dell inspiron 2.8 ghz pentium 4)  so if i have 2 of these with more memory i will be straight until the upgrade of 4 gig memory and a 4 ghz core 2 duo because i dont need to really update this computer it gonna be stricty a music computer, all my software is older cause thats what im good with,