Upload Bad on DSL!

taz1005

First off, I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong place!

I just got DSL today from our small telephone company (the only choice in town for ANYTHING). Anyway, they do not get the whole upstream/downstream thing. Totall over their heads. This company is full of airheads, but that is beside the point.

Anyway, my download speeds are great - about 220 kbps! I love it, but my upload speeds are at 35 kbps! SUCKS. They tell me that both the download and upload stream are BOTH capped at 250 kbps.

Why am I only uploading at 35 kbps.

This is on a Win XP machine 2.0 Ghz with 256 MB of RAM. No viruses are on it.

I compaied the speed with another friend and they are about 200 kbps both ways. My ISP doesn't understand anything I am telling them. It is like I am talking in greek, so hopefully someone out of this group of smart people can help me out. Thank you so very much.

Robert

I just got DSL today from our small telephone company (the only choice in town for ANYTHING). Anyway, they do not get the whole upstream/downstream thing. Totall over their heads. This company is full of airheads, but that is beside the point.

Anyway, my download speeds are great - about 220 kbps! I love it, but my upload speeds are at 35 kbps! SUCKS. They tell me that both the download and upload stream are BOTH capped at 250 kbps.

I compaied the speed with another friend and they are about 200 kbps both ways. My ISP doesn't understand anything I am telling them. It is like I am talking in greek, so hopefully someone out of this group of smart people can help me out. Thank you so very much.

Robert

Robert

Robert

Robert

He paied more! It sounds likw you are on a 1500/256 connection. 1500kbs download/256kbs upload. If you pay more dsl can be 1500up and 1500 down. This package run into the $80-$120 per month range. :cry: 256kbs upload is plenty for an average user. If you do a lot of web development or upload stuff to server then you might want to increase the upload speed. :wink:

He paied more! It sounds likw you are on a 1500/256 connection. 1500kbs download/256kbs upload. If you pay more dsl can be 1500up and 1500 down. This package run into the $80-$120 per month range. :cry: 256kbs upload is plenty for an average user. If you do a lot of web development or upload stuff to server then you might want to increase the upload speed. :wink:

Nothing you tweak or do will really fix your upload.

Are you sure you don't have any line quality issues? dslreports.com has a line test you can take.

If you don't call them up again and tell them how unsatified you are, maybe then they will get it through their head. Tell them you are paying for something that you aren't even getting, and go on from there.

They have told me that my lines are great, but my ISP says that there is, and I quote "too much equipment" in thier stuff for me to have a great upload speed! But yet, the same equipment gives me a great download speed.

Like I said, I wish everyone could meet these people, because they are retarted! LOL

Thanks for all your help.

Rob