Fastest "over-limit" speeds recorded this morning - For all DW6000 Users

The Reverend

I heard that DW was building components on a small island in the Caribbean with cheap labor over on Reverends old forum. Did anybody else see this?

They also said that Reverend could jump start an ATM and plug it into an old Volkswagon hubcap and get on the internet in under 1 minute! That last one sounds a little far out to me.... :icon_pale:

I also heard that he had a new church website somewhere???/

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, this summer when I was talking to The Rev, he recommended that I switch to Wildblue... He said he "wasn't allowed" to tell me much about it 

I've always wondered why everything REVEREND knew was always in secret. I hope he doesn't find out my good friend knew about his new web site.. :haha: :haha: :haha: If you ask me he's just trying to raise money...

I've always wondered why everything REVEREND knew was always in secret. I hope he doesn't find out my good friend knew about his new web site.. :haha: :haha: :haha: If you ask me he's just trying to raise money...

How did your friend find out about it?

I'm thinking about emailing the address on the website asking some questions

Slower since most of your comments in reference to The Reverend are negative. I would bet this is just another one of your smear stunts.

It does appear that his settings from just the one thread here on the forum have helped lots of people. As I think, Tommie Gorman mentioned the thread is one of the most viewed threads here. I feel the forum would be better off with positive and accurate information meant to help our members.

I believe the REVEREND wanted people to believe he was helping them. Sounds like he convinced you. :roll:

The good part of REVERENDS work, if not all was borrowed from other boards, written by people that went to a lot of hard work gathering that information. I can't blame the guy for trying..  :lol:

Does anyone have a DW6000 set up with a router and two or more computers running through it?

I do and this is what I found.

Check my signature below and you'll see what my Dell computer is.

I have a much older Gateway also hooked up to the router and it can get to the internet through the DW6000 also.

I have only tweaked the Dell and the latest speeds are listed below:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1171 Kbps about 1.2 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 143 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (main)

Test Time:: 2006/03/05 - 7:43am

Bottom Line:: 21X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 7.16 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 28.68 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-I8S6YWAB4

When I run the same test with on the Gateway computer, which I have not tweaked, I get speeds that are almost identical.

Why do I get the same speeds from a tweaked computer (newer) and an never touched computer (older)?

I have run every type of cleaner known to man on the Dell computer to keep it running as fast as possible.

I have not yet cleaned up the Gateway computer.

Any thoughts?????

I believe the REVEREND wanted people to believe he was helping them. Sounds like he convinced you. :roll:

The good part of REVERENDS work, if not all was borrowed from other boards, written by people that went to a lot of hard work gathering that information. I can't blame the guy for trying..  :lol:

There is that negative stuff again. People that have to knock other people down to look bigger are considered bully's. So stop it. If I find something on this site and go and fix my friends computer, he is going to be grateful because I went out of my way to get him the help. he should be. I did not have to bother. So where are your secrets of help.

You know I hear a lot of slamming of people that have been around more than 50 posts, but a person with more posts than that has to go out of their way to get any help around here,(welcome to the forum, come on you have been around here long enough to know that). ;)

upsurfer

Just guessing, you say that the gateway is an older computer. You say that it has no tweaks. Try totally cleaning up gateway. Then try posting both tests. Are you sure you have not tweaked gateway, just checking? Also what tweaks were done to dell? Were you getting these speeds before you tweaked the dell?

Does anyone have a DW6000 set up with a router and two or more computers running through it?

I do and this is what I found.

Check my signature below and you'll see what my Dell computer is.

I have a much older Gateway also hooked up to the router and it can get to the internet through the DW6000 also. 

I have only tweaked the Dell and the latest speeds are listed below:

Connection is:: 1171 Kbps about 1.2 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 143 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (main)

Test Time:: 2006/03/05 - 7:43am

Bottom Line:: 21X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 7.16 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 28.68 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-I8S6YWAB4

When I run the same test with on the Gateway computer, which I have not tweaked, I get speeds that are almost identical.

Why do I get the same speeds from a tweaked computer (newer) and an never touched computer (older)?

I have run every type of cleaner known to man on the Dell computer to keep it running as fast as possible.

I have not yet cleaned up the Gateway computer.

Any thoughts?????

I had basically the same setup when I had my 6000, I even have almost the same Dell computer wired!  :)

The reason why you see no difference in speed on the computers is because tweaks don't do anything with the 6000! Unless your computer's settings are way off. Since the software had to be on your computer with the 4000 modem, it was highly tweakable, but since the 6000 is self-hosted, tweaks barely do anything.

I just ran the sat speed test form the Dway site and here is what I have"

March 5th, 10:25AM - 905/37 Kbps

February 26th, 07:13PM - 339/33 Kbps

February 15th, 08:34PM - 554/36 Kbps

February 14th, 07:49PM - 500/44 Kbps

January 27th, 08:26PM - 592/31 Kbps

January 23rd, 07:18PM - 168/30 Kbps

January 21st, 08:45PM - 852/19 Kbps

January 21st, 08:17PM - 628/53 Kbps

January 17th, 07:30PM - 176/27 Kbps

January 15th, 12:46PM - 343/54 Kbps

January 12th, 08:50PM - 201/37 Kbps

December 21st, 09:49PM - 176/35 Kbps

December 15th, 10:00PM - 102/13 Kbps

December 9th, 07:31PM - 311/77 Kbps

December 6th, 10:31PM - 318/23 Kbps

December 6th, 10:13PM - 115/18 Kbps

December 6th, 09:31PM - 86/14 Kbps

December 6th, 09:00PM - 83/30 Kbps

December 6th, 07:53PM - 49/12 Kbps

December sucked.

These numbers are run from the Dell computer.

tommie gorman, the only tweak I did on the Gateway is the older TCP optimizer, which I ran this morning, just before I tested it.  Once I saw that the speeds were the same between the two computers, I figured why touch it.

My wife says I spend too much time on here now.........   of course she has no idea..

How can I cut at paste so you can see the actual Dway site screen?

Just in my case, and I mean before my comp wigged out, i was running with everybody else. Only older style optimizer. It is much easier to setup. and appears to do a pretty good job. All the other tweaks take a lot of work. Justinlay also only runs newer optimizer and runs with the others. Just an opinion. ;)

Also the paste method you are refering to is a screenshot, and i have not mastered it yet.

Just in my case, and I mean before my comp wigged out, i was running with everybody else. Only older style optimizer. It is much easier to setup. and appears to do a pretty good job. All the other tweaks take a lot of work. Justinlay also only runs newer optimizer and runs with the others. Just an opinion. ;)

Thanks for the info...  and thanks for your postings.  Those are what helped me figure out what direction I needed to head.  I should probably leave well enough alone now, but if I know me, I'll be tweaking and adjusting until I mess up my speeds again.  Did you see what I did in December?

At least I crawled out of the hole again....

I thought I used to be able to alt printscreen, but it's not working.

It works in word, but I can not paste it here.%7Boption%7D

upsurfer

Just guessing, you say that the gateway is an older computer. You say that it has no tweaks. Try totally cleaning up gateway. Then try posting both tests. Are you sure you have not tweaked gateway, just checking? Also what tweaks were done to dell? Were you getting these speeds before you tweaked the dell?

tommie gorman,

Here are the tweaks, as best I remember.

I used the older TCP optimizer with the Rev's settings. I believe you provided a link to that awhile back.

I also am using VanBurens cablenut settings version 8.0.

I used CCleaner, Ad-aware SE, Spybot, 3 or 4 registry cleaners including Registry Mechanic and maybe a couple of other things?

I defraged the hard drive, deleted unused programs and did whatever I could to make it leaner.

This was all done to my Dell computer.

I also went through ALL of my cable connections to verify they were clean and secure, I did find two that were loose and one spot where mice had chewed on the cable. I verifed that the dish was secure to the roof.

That's about it. I'll go up to my gateway, if the kids aren't on it and run a speed test there and post it and then I'll come back down to the dell and speed test it and edit the previous post. It'll take me sometime...

Here are the speed results when run from the Gateway computer:

Connection is:: 1162 Kbps about 1.2 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 142 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (main)

Test Time:: 2006/03/05 - 9:20am

Bottom Line:: 21X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 7.21 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 27.55 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-Y64CRDATJ

It's a AMD-K7 Processor, 447 mb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce fx5200 running through Linksys router to DW6000

Here are the latest results from the Dell - Interesting...

Connection is:: 994 Kbps about 1 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 121 kB/s

Test Time:: 2006/03/05 - 9:24am

Bottom Line:: 18X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 8.46 sec

Diagnosis: Looks Great : 9.11 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-10H2ZYCIQ

Here are the latest results from the Dell - Interesting...

Connection is:: 994 Kbps about 1 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 121 kB/s

Test Time:: 2006/03/05 - 9:24am

Bottom Line:: 18X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 8.46 sec

Diagnosis: Looks Great : 9.11 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-10H2ZYCIQ

Yeah, if you run the test a few times, it gets a more accurate result.