recent speed jump

cable_guy

so check this out....

normally i get around 4600-4700 dl and 480 ul......

but recently my isp stability and speed is increasing.....

check out this speed test

52659329.png

i'm pretty happy with Charters reliabilty and speed... so far in nearly a year of their service ive had to call tech suport.... lets see how many times?...... O ya, Thats right... None! :)

in fact i'm so happy, i'm going to be calling and upgrading to their 10/1 tier :)

and look at the awesome ping..... only 27ms for a server 450miles from me....! it's awesome for gaming..... I love cable :) i dont think i need anymore than 5/512 for gaming really..... although 10/1 would be nice for dl'ing /ul'ing large iles, which I do sometimes.... but i dont think i really need something faster than this for everday gaming do I?

check it out just retested....

it's later at nite so i'm gettin full speeds now

52822539.png

that pretty much seals the deal for me... i'm definatley getting their 10/1 Service....

it seems like charter is getting their $hit worked out in my area now....

speeds are consistantly runnig 4650-4900 on dl 479-507 on ul........

and it dosent bogdown all the way to 1000-1500/275-350 in the middle of the day anymore..... they must have either upgraded their network.. or they're loosing customers, but either way i'm cool with it....... if i'm getting this close to advertised speeds on this package i should get like 9500-9800/ 950-975 on the 10/1 pacage, and that would be really cool..... so it definatley looks like thats what i'm gonig to be doing.....

P.S. check out the 40 ms ping on a server nearly 1000 miles away... pretty cool huh?....... Ya, i'm pretty happy with them..... im anxious to see what the 10/1 package will be like....

check it out just retested....

it's later at nite so i'm gettin full speeds now

52822539.png

that pretty much seals the deal for me... i'm definatley getting their 10/1 Service....

it seems like charter is getting their $hit worked out in my area now....

speeds are consistantly runnig 4650-4900 on dl 479-507 on ul........

and it dosent bogdown all the way to 1000-1500/275-350 in the middle of the day anymore..... they must have either upgraded their network.. or they're loosing customers, but either way i'm cool with it....... if i'm getting this close to advertised speeds on this package i should get like 9500-9800/ 950-975 on the 10/1 pacage, and that would be really cool..... so it definatley looks like thats what i'm gonig to be doing.....

P.S. check out the 40 ms ping on a server nearly 1000 miles away... pretty cool huh?....... Ya, i'm pretty happy with them..... im anxious to see what the 10/1 package will be like....

What kind of tests do you get at this site??

::::::::::.. testmy.net test results ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 4500 Kbps about 4.5 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 549 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 508 Kbps about 0.5 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 62 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/10/23 - 7:08am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-B6GM0PQHT

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-FPN1OT8H3

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; FDM)

The DL reads slower than it does on some other sites..... but the UL is the same or Higher sometimes i will get Dl's in the 4700's on this site..... but I havent seen a 4800 or higher on this site yet... maybe due to server distance... but UL is right on target with where it's supoose to be

just retested again.. came u with this....

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 4696 Kbps about 4.7 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 573 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/10/23 - 7:12am

Bottom Line:: 82X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1.79 sec

Tested from a 5983 kB file and took 10.438 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 25.06 % faster than the average for host (charter.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-QYTKEL0I4

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; FDM) [!]

so everythings a-ok