Monitor discolor...

Ryan314

Okay so i moved my room around today, i didnt move the monitor just the desk it was on. When i turned my computer on i noticed the top corners of my screen is a tinted green. I took a screenshot with it by presst prt scr and it doesnt show up in the screen shot so i assume its nothing with my graphics card. Could my monitor be shot? i mean i have a speaker on top of it but its a speaker thats meant to be on top its like a side ways one and they arent old speakers so they should be shielded. i also didnt move the speaker its been up there since the computer was in the other spot so idk why it would just discolor it now. any advice/oppinions would be nice.

I will not have an LCD til they run out of CRT's. No thanks. It would take more than that to force me to change over.  :angry5:

You didnt get the memo??  They ran out yesterday.....that means you can go get yourself a nice 21" 6ms LCD today for half price...Merry Halloween.....yea...thats it!

You didnt get the memo??  They ran out yesterday.....that means you can go get yourself a nice 21" 6ms LCD today for half price...Merry Halloween.....yea...thats it!

6 ms, oh sure. Everytime a new screen comes out the manufacturers use a different method of calculating the delay, and most of the time it's faster only because of that. CRTs until something comes along that is better and cheaper. For now, LCD does neither.

speaking of affordable LCD screens.. you all might want to look at this and add it to you shopping list for the winter holidays..

Dell's new 20.1 Wide screen LCD Monitor:

* 1680x1050 pixels resolution for sharp and brilliant images of text and graphics

* Offers viewing angle of 160

whys that tommie?

The only advantage I see to an LCD is the space and weight saving part. I originally purchased mine when my kids were still in the poking stage. Have ink pen will stab something. So that was the original reason. Bad pixels, clearer, longer life, etc... things I have actually heard on this forum. And MUCH cheaper!

Guess that just about sums it up.  :D

And I have plenty of space for it, as long as it does not out grow an entire office of 12' X13'.  :lol: