Audio Problem...

Thatonedude1

My ingenious brother has recently deleted my Multimedia Audio Controller from my computer, and for some reason its not allowing me to reinstall the files just from my computer. I have a T6520 Emachines comp, and have been trying to find out what files I need too get this back. My computer has no sound, no sound works, all I get are some annoying beeps. Can anyone help me out? :?

My ingenious brother has recently deleted my Multimedia Audio Controller from my computer, and for some reason its not allowing me to reinstall the files just from my computer. I have a T6520 Emachines comp, and have been trying to find out what files I need too get this back. My computer has no sound, no sound works, all I get are some annoying beeps. Can anyone help me out? :?

I have a T6522

Try this, I have to do it once in a while.

start*control panel*classic view*left click system icon*hardware tab*device manager*sound, video, and game controllers*ati unified right click*properties*driver tab*uninstall*reboot  :D

that didnt work for me because under the sounds video and game controllers i didnt have that tab (i had audio codecs, legacy audio drivers, legacy video capture device, media control device, video codecs, none of which had a driver tab.' but i did find a ? by other devices, multimedia audio controller, gonna try to that there and see what happens. if i dont post again afterwards... im still having problems :-P

ok i lied, its still having the same problem and here i am posting. i tried downloading the ac 97 sound file, but i cant find any compatabile with my computer, and i dont know where my reformating disc is so i cant do that... anyone have any ideas what to do? i am totally lost and a computer with no sound just isnt fun :-(

Uninstall the one by the other devices ? & reboot.If it puts it back there you probably don't have a driver for your Multimedia Audio Controller  in your OS anymore.See if you can DL one from the e-machines site.

If you can't find your reformatting disk.See if you can find a i386 folder with search.If its there see if it has .inf &sys files for the Multimedia Audio Controller .& put these in your inf folder & system folder.You might also check your program files to see if there is something there for your Audio card.

Use e-machine support as a last resort because I think they charge but maybe not if your PC is still in warranty.