Got a question about a a new tv

porsche6714

Hello, a friend of mine recently bought a new sony tv.  Only problem is that the tv dosent have an audio output on the back so there is no way to hook the tv audio to his surround sound receiver.  Now, is the any other way, other than going through a vcr, to hook up the tv audio to the receiver so he can get surround sound while watching tv.  Any suggestion would help a lot.  thanks :lol:

Hello, a friend of mine recently bought a new sony tv.  Only problem is that the tv dosent have an audio output on the back so there is no way to hook the tv audio to his surround sound receiver.  Now, is the any other way, other than going through a vcr, to hook up the tv audio to the receiver so he can get surround sound while watching tv.  Any suggestion would help a lot.  thanks :lol:

the only other way is to open the tv and go straight from the wires going to the speakers.

yea it its that tv, just the 27" inch version.  He has Time Warner cable so there is no cable box.  I was looking on the web and some people were saying that you could use a RF modular with audio out to do it but i dont see how that would would.  I guess i'll just tell him to find a cheap vcr with audio out.  When he first told me this i was amazed that they still made tv's with out audio outputs.