So who can figure this one out? AVG A-S tames memory usage!

ratchet

So, for no particular reason, other than I hadn't scanned with it for a couple of weeks, during breakfast this morning I run the complete scan.  As is always the case with my apps, I was perfectly clean!  Well ever since I had some issues recently with RAM usage, I've been monitoring my process memory usage.  On average, with AVG Ant-Spyware 7.5, Comodo Firewall, NOD32, PopTray,  Spy Sweeper, WeatherPulse and Windows Defender all monitoring or enabled, my RAM usage averages around 50% of 1G RAM.  I noticed after that scan that it dropped to around 30%.  It stayed there until I shutdown (about 1hr).  So when I got home from work today, I anxiously booted and usage was pretty much normal again.  So about 5:00PM I scanned again and it is after 9:00PM now and usage is still around 30%.  My wife was copying numerous recipes and I installed Media 11 and upgraded ie Spell (trust me I'm a Ff guy!) so it's not like my pc has been just idling away here!  So what is AVG doing?

it is using the downtime to do a real time scan my guess would be.. you can disable it in the control panel of AVG.. however, I would leave it on because it prevents a lot of the zero day attacks if you are not on your computer but your computer is on.. assuming that updates are run..