Move over Halloween

Roco

:evil:, It's nearly time for the UK premier day, the day 5th November , yes its Firework night , the night we celebrate the attempt to assassinate the King and all of Parliament  :lol:

Yeah, we have a perverse sense of humour us Brits.  the reason was partly Religious ,

and partly the decadent way the Government was behaving ( so whats new  :lol:)

just like TMN on a good night, and we have had some good ones !, :lol:

back to the plot, Mr. Guy Fawkes decided to take matters into his own hands and blow up the King and his Parliament in 1605 , Guy was caught in the act( security cameras ?) just before he could complete his plan , and thrown in the tower of London, a place not famed for it's hospitality  :evil2:, Guy had complained throughout his life of only being 5ft 6ins. tall , and due to the care he received in the tower he emerged 6ft 3ins,  but still complaining, so to keep him quiet they hung him , along with his co-conspirators that he happened to mention while under going the treatment , 

the 4th of Nov. was called mischief day , no longer recognized, as we now have that 365 days a year, but on the 5th we celebrate with huge bonfires, fireworks , getting drunk, burning houses down , and filling the casualty departments at the local hospital,  :evil6: 

I will end this bit of British  history with a bonfire night verse

"Remember, remember, the fifth of November, Gunpowder, treason and plot; We see no reason, Why gunpowder treason, Should ever be forgot! "

Was the movie V for Vendetta based on this event?

Hi Ryan , sorry I can't answer that , never seen it , and you ain't going to believe this I have only seen 3 movies in my life  :lol:  and with no TV , it kinda makes me a bit dumb on these sort of questions ,  :oops:

Was the movie V for Vendetta based on this event?

Yes Ryan, loosely based of course, to make it more interesting for a commercial purpose.

Google V for Vendetta, the movie page takes you to a lot of other sites.

Yes Ryan, loosely based of course, to make it more interesting for a commercial purpose.

Thanks Water , just been there, :lol: yeah, for commercial reasons  :shock:

forever in your debt  :smitten:

Roco  UK

ya im sure alot of it was exagurated as with other movies that claim to be based on a true story. Some are almost exact to the real thing but most of the time no one will know but the people who experienced the actual thing :smile2:

ya im sure alot of it was exagurated as with other movies that claim to be based on a true story. Some are almost exact to the real thing but most of the time no one will know but the people who experienced the actual thing :smile2:

Luckly for us  in the UK , and thanks to the Norman invasion, 1066 ,we have good History records of our past , maybe not a good record of deeds done ,  :evil2:, but it is written ,

P.S. the movies I have seen  :lol:  Bambi (Walt Disney ) easy rider , midnight cowboy ,  :roll: so I guess that makes me a movie buff  :shock::roll::haha:

IMHO life is for living, not watching others acting it , :wink2:

You're right, there is a ton of material about it though - when I saw the movie for the first time, I started researching because I was taken with it.

:wink::angel:

Luckly for us  in the UK , and thanks to the Norman invasion, 1066 ,we have good History records of our past , maybe not a good record of deeds done ,  :evil2:, but it is written ,

P.S. the movies I have seen  :lol:  Bambi (Walt Disney ) easy rider , midnight cowboy ,  :roll: so I guess that makes me a movie buff  :shock::roll::haha:

IMHO life is for living, not watching others acting it , :wink2:

That's not what you said when I showed you that movie with me and ...

:oops:

... I said that outloud didn't I?

:shock:

That's not what you said when I showed you that movie with me and ...

:oops:

... I said that outloud didn't I?

:shock:

:evil6: I had that listed under educational , if I remember rightly it was sponsored by the vegetable growers association,  :oops: