download problems

appley

I'm having problems with downloading from the internet. Everytime I try downloading a file, it works for a while, and stops in the middle and my whole internet just stops working. The lights on the modem are all still online though =S anyone know what the problem is?

Personally I would start with cleaning up the comp if you havent yet. Try reading and doing this.

Achieve the Best Performance Out of Your Computer

http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-4257

At least the is what I would do first.

Also try D/Ling with out the router to also check out it's performance.

Also welcome to the forum  appley  :wave: Hope you get it fixed.

thz tommie. But I called the people that manage my internet connection and they say nothing is wrong. But when i try downloading a file, it stops in the middle and stops the internet again T.T I clean up my drives sometimes to make space but it's still not working. I reboot my router too and nothing changes. Internet connection is fine, just downloading messes things up. Anyone know anything about this?

tHz tommie. But I called the people that manage my internet connection and they say nothing is wrong. But when i try downloading a file, it stops in the middle and stops the internet again T.T I clean up my drives sometimes to make space but it's still not working. I reboot my router too and nothing changes. Internet connection is fine, just downloading messes things up. Anyone know anything about this?

Okay....first off all what are you trying to download and with what?  We talkin p2p, torrents....http, ftp....a little more info would be great...thanks!

I'm having problems with downloading from the internet. Everytime I try downloading a file, it works for a while, and stops in the middle and my whole internet just stops working. The lights on the modem are all still online though =S anyone know what the problem is?

Try the largest download speed test here and see if you have the same problem getting the test file from testmy then report results.  Also, clear your temporary internet files and cookies (ignore this if someone already  suggested this...)

• 1 month later...