HughesNet Performance Question

rjventre

I am running the small office plan on a .74m dish with a 2 watt BUC. I am getting the advertised speeds. So, my question is: what is the difference, performance wise, between the .74m dish and the .98m dish? Also, would my service be any better if I upgraded to the .98m dish? I would really appreciate your responses. Thank you.

I am running the small office plan on a .74m dish with a 2 watt BUC. I am getting the advertised speeds. So, my question is: what is the difference, performance wise, between the .74m dish and the .98m dish? Also, would my service be any better if I upgraded to the .98m dish? I would really appreciate your responses. Thank you.

OK, this is the way I understand it. The smaller dish will give you better speeds, but the larger one will give you better signal strength during bad weather and such. So it all depends on which performance you want it to do.  :grin2:

And welcome to the forum if I have not already.  :wave::welcome:

The .98 dish will get you a better signal, and will give more cushion for rain fade.  There are no performance gains by getting either one, unless you live on the "fringe" of your satellite's foot print.  The .98 dish is also much harder to point, and must be right on the money.  I say, save your money.  Don't spend any until SpaceWay comes out....

Thank you all for your responses, they are much appreciated.

What are the speeds on the business plan?

Hi Sparticus013,

The speeds I typically get on the Small Office Plan are between 1300k-1600k down and between 225k-310k up. I have had the Small Office plan for a little over a month now and the slowest my download speeds have ever been is 1172k down and 199k up. If you are considering upgrading to this plan, DO IT, it is definitely worth it. Hope this helps.

Tommie,

the speeds I stated, the average speeds and the slowest speed, are what I get 24/7 365 days a year. As far as the price, the Small Office Plan is normally $99.99 a month. I, however, only pay $79.99 a month; this is what Hughes did to fix my problem (not being able to get over 1mb on the Pro Plus Plan). Hughes finally admitted that they marketed speeds before they could deliver them.